Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help, I am a NI student currently doing a HNC in Visual Effects and I don't know what university to choose from as it is quite specific. I want to go somewhere with cheap accommodation maybe not a massive metropolitan city (not a fan of the club scene) Anoyone have any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    The best VFX courses in the UK are the ones at either Bournemouth NCCA or Hertfordshire - those are both in England, so they might not be any use to you if wanted to study in Northern Ireland only. The Hertfordshire VFX reel is here:

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by NorahNote)
    I need help, I am a NI student currently doing a HNC in Visual Effects and I don't know what university to choose from as it is quite specific. I want to go somewhere with cheap accommodation maybe not a massive metropolitan city (not a fan of the club scene) Anoyone have any suggestions?
    Hi NorahNote,

As Moid mentioned, you might like to consider the National Centre for Computer Animation here at Bournemouth University.

In 2012, we were awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize in recognition of our contribution to world class computer animation teaching. Lots of our graduates have gone on to work on films like Gravity, Avatar, Harry Potter and Interstellar. Actually, Interstellar won a BAFTA and Oscar this year for the visual effects work!

I can tell you lots of stats and exciting things about BU, but the best way to find the uni for you is to visit it. Will you get the chance to come to an Open Day? We've got some coming up, which you can find out about here. I hope you can come and take a look!

You also talked a little bit about the area. Bournemouth isn't a big city (it's a town!), but still has a lot going on. It's a major tourism destination and we're lucky to have a Blue Flag beach too. There are plenty of shops and restaurants, and lots to do if you don't like clubbing. One of our students made a vlog about what you can do at uni if you don't like clubbing, so it might be worth checking out.

Hopefully one of our students will be around on TSR to tell you what it's really like here, but in the meantime, let me know if you have any questions at all. You can join us on Facebook too if you think you might be interested in hearing more about BU.

Best of luck with your search!

Katie

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2015

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.