Turn on thread page Beta

Do white guys/girls have a specific race they prefer to date? watch

Announcements

Nothing offensive or racist just something I feel people can't open about it because they get labelled racist really quick. I know everyone has preferences but when it comes to actually dating them or even marry them does the race still play huge part? It's just from what I have seen personality just doesn't play a huge part for everyone. Some of my white mates have said that they would prefer dating a white girl. What are your thoughts on this?

Once again, nothing racist just want to know actual opinions of people without them feeling that they are being judged for their opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too fussed about it. I mean if I like him then I like him.
    But I'm Chinese so my parents would prefer if I dated someone the same race as me.

ReputationRep:
    Well most people date fellow white people.

Oriental women are hot though. I'll be marrying and breeding with a fellow white girl though.

ReputationRep:
    Many white guys have a perverted fetish for oriental girls.

ReputationRep:
    Majority date white people, though white man/Asian woman is an increasingly prevalent trend and a minority of working class white women date black men.

White man/Black woman couples are also in this season.

ReputationRep:
    The best real world data on this probably come from OK cupid, the dating site founded by mathematicians who analyse their data. The long and short of it: people do have quite noticeable racial patterns when dating:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/ra...ion-2009-2014/

men
    – non-black men applied a penalty to black women
    – while black men showed little racial preference either way
    women
    – all women preferred men of their own race
    – but they otherwise penalized both Asian and black men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    The best real world data on this probably come from OK cupid, the dating site founded by mathematicians who analyse their data. The long and short of it: people do have quite noticeable racial patterns when dating:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/ra...ion-2009-2014/
    Wow according to that data it's great to be a white man.

ReputationRep:
    It probably varies a lil bit. I'm into pale tho so white gurls for me, thank.

That okcupid data is pretty interesting...

So some white guys, date other races for fun but when it comes to settling down and taking her to your mum you would chose a white girl? Why is that?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.