Turn on thread page Beta

You need to prepare. Bear market looming. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at the markets for the past few weeks and it looks like they are going to cave in. Every analyst has there view why we have suddenly gone into a Bear market but one thing which I personally think has something to do with it is
    the FED playing yes/no on QE4.

Those of us who know that the FED can never give up QE and 0% interest rates aren't surprised that a slight deviation has happened because the sheep follow the FED like a Dog blindly following their master.

There is also the 7 year cycle to acknowledge as well since we have had a market crash every 7 years since 1987.

So what does this mean? It means all the fake prosperity the Tories have been chanting on about for the past few years will disappear and we'll start seeing people loose their jobs.

Have a look at the charts if you dare.
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article52154.html

Its time to get your affairs in order folks.

It will be bad news for students because inflation could rise as much to 5% so this means you student debts are going to rise as high as 8% per year. Inflation + 3%.

This could last for a fair few years. Some even 2025! And if that is the case then anyone with student debt is going to see speculators cheering at their misfortune.

What about all those with mortgages? If your on a variable rate I would get onto a fixed rate right now whatever the cost because interest rates will be raised to mitigate the inflation. The rate increase might only be to 2% on the Bank of England but that is enough for banks to set their mortgage interest rates up to 6-7%.

The lowest deals where seen in August 2015 and soon could be a thing of the past.

If you can get 2.5-6% on a 25 year mortgage your doing well.

I would also encourage people to start a food storage supply. The last thing you want is the Job Centre breathing down your neck and yourself not having the energy to look for work in a poor economic climate.

We are heading that way. Economy may look good at the moment but in 2008 it all changed.

So what kind of food? Best to buy staples that store good. Pasta, Rice, Big Bag of Potatoes, Onions, Carrots etc. Just enough food to see you though the winter because when inflation starts ticking up your going to wish you had buy food when it was cheaper.

Cash is king right now.

Give you guys a great example how I have saved a lot of money. In the Summer Quarter Pounder Burgers where £1.50 for 454g pack of 4. I buy so many packs that my freezer was struggling to cope with them. Then surprise surprise. Right now in ASDA price has gone back to £2.50 - £3 for quarter pounder Burgers.

That is how you save money.
    So I would advise that all of you students get together and buy your fav foods in bulk else your going to regret it later on.

ReputationRep:
    Was there actually a bear market in 94? The UK economy grew at over 4%.

At any rate I'm not sure where your getting QE4 from. Neither the BOE or Federal Reserve is currently engaging in QE. Its about the prospect of an interest rate rise.

Also we are already in a bear market, inflation will only result if it harms the real economy and the pound weakens. I expect a bull market again in 2017.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

At any rate I'm not sure where your getting QE4 from. Neither the BOE or Federal Reserve is currently engaging in QE. Its about the prospect of an interest rate rise.

Also we are already in a bear market, inflation will only result if it harms the real economy and the pound weakens. I expect a bull market again in 2017.
    Illegal to be poor has a habit of talking tripe. He's one of these left wingers that seems to draw strength from when things go bad and is generally full of unsubstantiated negativism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Illegal to be poor has a habit of talking tripe. He's one of these left wingers that seems to draw strength from when things go bad and is generally full of unsubstantiated negativism.
    Suit yourself MS. Hows your mortgage? How much interest you paying these days? If its above 3% you should switch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Suit yourself MS. Hows your mortgage? How much interest you paying these days? If its above 3% you should switch.
    Locked in at under 3% thank you very much and still taking advantage of the low intersts rates introduced in 2008.

Always planned ahead realising that normal mortgage rates should be around the 5% mark so used the savings on my mortgage payments for the past 7 years to overpay as like many with common Sense realised the artificially low interest rates wouldn't last for ever.

There will be many who took the mortgage savings over the last few years and used it as additional disposable income.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Which collection of left wing pseudo intellectual blogs did you get that post from?

Then again, having no idea what you're taking about appears to be your specialty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

There wasn't bear in 94, or if there was it was only just, but QE3 is still underway, or, as some prefer to call it, QE-infinity

But then ITBP probably doesn't understand market trends or QE too well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    I've been looking at the markets for the past few weeks and it looks like they are going to cave in. Every analyst has there view why we have suddenly gone into a Bear market but one thing which I personally think has something to do with it is
    the FED playing yes/no on QE4.

Those of us who know that the FED can never give up QE and 0% interest rates aren't surprised that a slight deviation has happened because the sheep follow the FED like a Dog blindly following their master.

There is also the 7 year cycle to acknowledge as well since we have had a market crash every 7 years since 1987.

So what does this mean? It means all the fake prosperity the Tories have been chanting on about for the past few years will disappear and we'll start seeing people loose their jobs.

Have a look at the charts if you dare.
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article52154.html

Its time to get your affairs in order folks.

It will be bad news for students because inflation could rise as much to 5% so this means you student debts are going to rise as high as 8% per year. Inflation + 3%.

This could last for a fair few years. Some even 2025! And if that is the case then anyone with student debt is going to see speculators cheering at their misfortune.

What about all those with mortgages? If your on a variable rate I would get onto a fixed rate right now whatever the cost because interest rates will be raised to mitigate the inflation. The rate increase might only be to 2% on the Bank of England but that is enough for banks to set their mortgage interest rates up to 6-7%.

The lowest deals where seen in August 2015 and soon could be a thing of the past.

If you can get 2.5-6% on a 25 year mortgage your doing well.

I would also encourage people to start a food storage supply. The last thing you want is the Job Centre breathing down your neck and yourself not having the energy to look for work in a poor economic climate.

We are heading that way. Economy may look good at the moment but in 2008 it all changed.

So what kind of food? Best to buy staples that store good. Pasta, Rice, Big Bag of Potatoes, Onions, Carrots etc. Just enough food to see you though the winter because when inflation starts ticking up your going to wish you had buy food when it was cheaper.

Cash is king right now.

Give you guys a great example how I have saved a lot of money. In the Summer Quarter Pounder Burgers where £1.50 for 454g pack of 4. I buy so many packs that my freezer was struggling to cope with them. Then surprise surprise. Right now in ASDA price has gone back to £2.50 - £3 for quarter pounder Burgers.

That is how you save money.
    So I would advise that all of you students get together and buy your fav foods in bulk else your going to regret it later on.
    I will give it two months before there is a financial crisis is reported somewhere in the world. It is Shemitah year

ReputationRep:
    Lots of analysts do actually agree with OP (for all the insults he is getting)

We won't be plunged into a depression but things will get tougher for most people.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rad-Reloaded)
    Lots of analysts do actually agree with OP (for all the insults he is getting)

We won't be plunged into a depression but things will get tougher for most people.
    To be fair, to suggest that it will remain bull forever more (well, it's kinda already not) would be stupid, like Brown claiming to have ended boom bust, but I think most of the flak he is getting is from reputation, the extremes he is going to, and the apparent mere quoting of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    To be fair, to suggest that it will remain bull forever more (well, it's kinda already not) would be stupid, like Brown claiming to have ended boom bust, but I think most of the flak he is getting is from reputation, the extremes he is going to, and the apparent mere quoting of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Obviously and it is stupid when people say the economy will crash, I mean no ****ing **** it will, it's only impressive if you can say when.

But yes around the end of 2015 some sort of constraint on the UK economy is likely.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Obviously and it is stupid when people say the economy will crash, I mean no ****ing **** it will, it's only impressive if you can say when.

But yes around the end of 2015 negative growth/flatline is likely.
    So likely that few are suggesting it will hit Britain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So likely that few are suggesting it will hit Britain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is the reason why I made the edit.

The UK will feel some negative effect, but this country is more exposed to problems in China than other European nations even if our home economy is in better shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigItch)
    I will give it two months before there is a financial crisis is reported somewhere in the world. It is Shemitah year
    Jewish?

ReputationRep:
    Jewish?
    No It is very accurate . It is Jewish I am not though. Something will happen sooner then later though always does
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    This is the reason why I made the edit.

The UK will feel some negative effect, but this country is more exposed to problems in China than other European nations even if our home economy is in better shape.
    Oh, I'm not doubting we will fell a slow down, at work (metal recycling) they've already started to be hit quite hard by China, but I doubt it will get anywhere near stagnation, we have a fairly diverse economy, much of which will only be indirectly hit by China. We're also in a very strong position anyway. I also read an interesting article a few weeks back that suggested that we weathered the recession so well because of the size of our financial sector, it meant we could quite rapidly adapt, switching our volatile industries hit hard by the crash from a focus on Europe, which as we know is still doing poorly, to a focus on Asia and America, still very strong at the time (and parts now) and quickly recovered, at least relatively, respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Global depression anyday now . Stock markets are overpriced by 50-70% because of QE. JUST WATCH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Global depression anyday now . Stock markets are overpriced by 50-70% because of QE. JUST WATCH.
    Is the market still collapsing this month?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is the market still collapsing this month?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm prepared for the pending economic collapse.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.