How to get him to stop being obsessed with me??? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay so I think mentioning the fact that he's autistic might help although I'm not making stereotypes since my brother is autistic and I know other autistic people who are not like him.

So last Eid, there was this guy (family friend) and he's the same age as me (17) and my aunt decides to joke about marriage asking this guy out of all the cousins who would you like to marry and then he points at me out of like 4 other people so I'm just like okay *awkward*. But it was all a joke so I didn't take it too seriously.

A month later, I realize he's been trying to get my instagram and number from my other cousins and apparently he really likes me. I didn't like him back and was telling everyone not to give him any of my details. Somehow he found my number (family group chat) and he starts whatsapping me etc and the first thing he does is send me a picture of myself telling me what a "cute smile I have", the picture was basically about 10 people (family on Eid) but he had basically cropping everyone else out (despite me being in the middle). I told him that was creepy but I dont think he got the hint and I just gave him short or no replies. Until he said like a few days later "I love you" and I told him that I was taken and then he was like "awww " but still continued to send me heart emoji's so I blocked him. (Out of annoyance)

Then he started texting me and he wouldnt stop so I just ignored him, he'd send me messages like every few days despite me not replying and my cousin just told me to ignore him instead of being rude and then she gave me an idea I basically texting him "This is not [insert my name]'s number anymore" and he replied with "WHAT?!" and then I said "Yeah sorry she changed it". So that got him to stop texting me.

Literally yesterday I find out he has been texting my mum! My mum finds this all hilarious and keeps telling me to "be nice" cause "he's autistic" and yeah maybe he doesn't understand when its time to back off but it doesn't mean he doesn't have a brain to think. Anyways he's asking my mum for my new number (Told mum not to give it), asking my mum my surname, telling my mum to say goodnight to me from him. And my mum continues to talk to him and just takes the micky out of me.

How do I get him to STOP being so obsessed and just like leave me alone? It doesn't help I'm probably going to see him next week (Eid).
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can't control his behaviour. You do need to have a word with him and tell him how his behaviour is making you feel though.

I've been in your situation more than once and both times, it was ****. But apparently, it was ok because the first guy is Autistic and the second has mental health issues. No-one appeared to care about the affect this had no me.
Dartychu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tell him flat out that you really don't like him. Truth hurts, but he actually seems like a quite worrying problem and he needs to be dealt with.
As for your mum, say you need a serious conversation with her, sit her down, and tell her how you feel about the situation. Maybe ask her to get in touch with the guys parents?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Dartychu)
Tell him flat out that you really don't like him. Truth hurts, but he actually seems like a quite worrying problem and he needs to be dealt with.
As for your mum, say you need a serious conversation with her, sit her down, and tell her how you feel about the situation. Maybe ask her to get in touch with the guys parents?
I dont want to talk to him again so how can I tell him flat out, besides I'd feel really mean seeing as he's autistic and all

My mum is just making this into a joke, she wont take what I sat in seriously -_- and his parents is a bit much
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I have (more than once, urgh!) been in the situation of being obsessed with someone. And yes, I am Autistic. The only way that anything is likely to happen, is if you have a serious conversation with him and your mum, as has been said.

I don't think telling his parents is too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.31%
Leave (257)
20.69%

Watched Threads