The Student Room Group

When is the last date to take OCR Chemistry A (H558) F324+F325??

Is it this summer or next summer. This relates to the chemistry ocr a specification not the new one started this year.

Thanks!
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
Is it this summer or next summer. This relates to the chemistry ocr a specification not the new one started this year.

Thanks!

The last guaranteed opportunity to take exams under the old specification is summer 2016. Both AS and A2 exams are already timetabled. I have not yet seen any announcement regarding the potential to resit any A2 exams for this years reformed subjects in the summer of 2017 but this has always been possible when specifications have changed in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
The last guaranteed opportunity to take exams under the old specification is summer 2016. Both AS and A2 exams are already timetabled. I have not yet seen any announcement regarding the potential to resit any A2 exams for this years reformed subjects in the summer of 2017 but this has always been possible when specifications have changed in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you I did see that. I think I will ask OCR, but I appreciate your response.
Thank you I did see that. I think I will ask OCR, but I appreciate your response.

Whatever clarification/response you get from them it would be useful to post it.
I'm not sure if a decision hasn't been made or just hasn't been well communicated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whatever clarification/response you get from them it would be useful to post it.
I'm not sure if a decision hasn't been made or just hasn't been well communicated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I contacted them, and they said there is definitely a sitting for 2016.

OCR said that there may be one for 2017 as a last and final sitting but this depends on ofqual and the deadline for ofquals decision if before the final enteries for 2016 deadline to exams.

They said that there generally is one so it would be in line with how it is done with previous specifications but they couldn't say for sure.

I would think that they would give one, but I am going to enter for this 2016 series. Thanks for your help.

I will let you know more if I find out.
Hi I contacted them, and they said there is definitely a sitting for 2016.

OCR said that there may be one for 2017 as a last and final sitting but this depends on ofqual and the deadline for ofquals decision if before the final enteries for 2016 deadline to exams.

They said that there generally is one so it would be in line with how it is done with previous specifications but they couldn't say for sure.

I would think that they would give one, but I am going to enter for this 2016 series. Thanks for your help.

I will let you know more if I find out.

Thanks.
So could be as late as February before a decision is made on 2017.
Useful information

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks.
So could be as late as February before a decision is made on 2017.
Useful information

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes absolutely. No problem.

Quick Reply

Latest