Turn on thread page Beta

How hard to get a training contract? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Say if someone had studied an Access course, got the equivalent of ACC, graduated with a 2.1 in English Lit from a RG uni and got a commendation in the GDL - do you think their chances of gaining a training contract are slim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    Say if someone had studied an Access course, got the equivalent of ACC, graduated with a 2.1 in English Lit from a RG uni and got a commendation in the GDL - do you think their chances of gaining a training contract are slim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No although this person would need to apply to firms that don't have a strict A-Level threshold.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    What's ACC equivalent to on an Access course?

(Original post by pp93)
    No although this person would need to apply to firms that don't have a strict A-Level threshold.
    Usually firms say AAB or equivalent. Though, I would like some clarification on this myself having studied an Access course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)

Usually firms say AAB or equivalent. Though, I would like some clarification on this myself having studied an Access course.
    Best thing to do is call/e-mail and ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    Best thing to do is call/e-mail and ask.
    Aye, true. Though a lot of people on this site are very familiar with the application procedure, so they might be able to offer insight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)

Not sure about the Access course, but firms look at a levels holistically, example is a friend of mine who went to Kent with ABC at A level but is at Hogan Lovells who I believe ask for AAB. Make your application as strong as you can and it should balance out, if you don't mind me asking what university are you at currently? firms cannot discriminate openly against universities but, they do have preferred lists eg universities that have a reputation of providing solid applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joepoa)
    Not sure about the Access course, but firms look at a levels holistically, example is a friend of mine who went to Kent with ABC at A level but is at Hogan Lovells who I believe ask for AAB. Make your application as strong as you can and it should balance out, if you don't mind me asking what university are you at currently? firms cannot discriminate openly against universities but, they do have preferred lists eg universities that have a reputation of providing solid applicants.
    Exeter. It has decent ties with the big City firms.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 19, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.