Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, guys, first time here. Im from Singapore. Need your help with my UCAS application...
    I just got my predicted grades:
    H2 Math A
    H2 Phy A
    H2 Chinese Literature A
    H1 General Studies A
    H1 GP C
    My School's Head of Department has also wrote me a reference letter.
    And I had internship experience at Science Centre Singapore...
    I really want to go ICL Engineering (especially the one they just opened Design Engineering last year)
    May I know hows my chance of getting an conditional offer? Any exprience pls?
    Thank you everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnan1203)
    Hey, guys, first time here. Im from Singapore. Need your help with my UCAS application...
    H2 Math A
    H2 Phy A
    H2 Chinese Literature A
    H1 General Studies A
    H1 GP C
    I really want to go ICL Engineering (especially the one they just opened Design Engineering last year)
    Thank you everyone
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    According to the Imperial website, people doing Singapore GCE A Levels get the same offers as people doing standard A Levels, suggesting the entry requirement for Design Engineering is A*AA. However (at least that's what I thought), the A* doesn't exist with Singapore A Levels so I'm not entirely sure how their entry requirements would change. Maybe send them an email to check that your predicted grades are fine? I'd have thought they are fine but it's always good to check. I honestly don't know what your chances are though because it's a brand new course and there aren't any admissions statistics out yet as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnan1203)
    H2 Math A
    H2 Phy A
    H2 Chinese Literature A
    H1 General Studies A
    H1 GP C
    Thank you everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Grades seem OK but someone with Design Tech A level is a stronger candidate; what evidence do you have of your ability in design? Chinese Lit and General Studies aren't 'strong' A levels even though they say they consider 'all subjects'.

ReputationRep:
    Anymore comments?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.