The Student Room Group

Why haven't I got coordination skills?

I have met people who can figure and do things efficiently and properly (such as maths, coursework, driving, etc) but whereas myself I take forever trying to figure things out, my university work is sometimes too complex for me and when I used to do medication at work I either nearly give them the wrong one or I spill it everywhere. How can I STOP doing this and he more efficient and coordinated? I have been going gym, getting sleep and eating healthy but nothing is working and I've noticed I am always tired! :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly92xo
I have met people who can figure and do things efficiently and properly (such as maths, coursework, driving, etc) but whereas myself I take forever trying to figure things out, my university work is sometimes too complex for me and when I used to do medication at work I either nearly give them the wrong one or I spill it everywhere. How can I STOP doing this and he more efficient and coordinated? I have been going gym, getting sleep and eating healthy but nothing is working and I've noticed I am always tired! :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
What job do you do?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this something you ve experienced throughout your life?
If so I would definitely go speak to student support at your university as I could be completely wrong but that sounds like symptoms of a condition I have myself called dyspraxia, especially the driving and co ordination problems.
Original post by claireestelle
If so I would definitely go speak to student support at your university as I could be completely wrong but that sounds like symptoms of a condition I have myself called dyspraxia, especially the driving and co ordination problems.

Thank you for replying. No never throughout my life only about two years ago :/ can it start during adulthood then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claireestelle

I would also suggest dyspraxia.
Several people in my family have that - but it shows itself in different ways with different people.

While you're getting yourself checked out, think how to cope with what's going wrong (which you'll have to do either way).
Write everything down.
Double or triple check everything (I do that all the time).
Keep everything in the same place so you don't lose stuff.

All the best people have dyspraxia by the way and they are often highly intelligent :biggrin:.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you multimedia surf often? Like listen to music, do work and search facebook all at the same time? Doing that has shown side effects of slowing people down and making co-ordination difficult, but the stuff you struggle with might not be encompassed by what I'm talking about.
Thank you for replying. No never throughout my life only about two years ago :/ can it start during adulthood then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's normally from birth but it can get unnoticed for years in lots of people.

Quick Reply

Latest