The Student Room Group

Hungary closes borders, migrants attack police

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phoenixsilver
You've completely ignored my rational points on the video of the "desperate" refugees throwing away food (https://youtu.be/UiXXFtd-SJ8).
You've completely ignored my justification of the use of razor wire, and the right to defend a border. You picked me up on one point and ignored the rest - because you have no comeback.

Concerning the infrastructure - you kidding? Our transport system is overcrowded, hospital and GP waiting times are ridiculous, and our greenhouse emissions are through the roof. Our country is overcrowded, we have a housing crisis, homeless people - do you deny these points?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know why people are throwing away food? I don't agree with razor wire to defend a border. It's not unreasonable to consider it inhumane.

And I agree with the last point, but not to the extent that you believe it - in any case, a tiny proportion of migrants have been accepted into the UK.
Are you blatantly ignoring the previously posted video and images of refugees rioting and attacking a border that is simply being defended - border defense is a SOVEREIGN RIGHT for a country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So said East Germany in the 1960s. So said the TRNC in the 1990s.

You're not there - so don't make assumptions.
Just wondering, why don't these people protest peacefully instead of becoming violent and threatening the country? Surely violence just makes Hungary even less likely to let them in. I would rather not have violent protesters in my country...
Original post by rockrunride
Do you know why people are throwing away food? I don't agree with razor wire to defend a border. It's not unreasonable to consider it inhumane.

And I agree with the last point, but not to the extent that you believe it - in any case, a tiny proportion of migrants have been accepted into the UK.

Razor wire is a defensive measure. Hungary don't expect migrants to climb over it, which is why it works as a deterrent.
Just like if you surround your castle with a ring of fire, people won't walk through it. It isn't inhumane - they aren't throwing razor wire at the migrants, they are defending themselves.

The people were throwing away food (and yes this is confirmed by a news report) because they were given the food by Macedonian Christian aid workers, the Muslim "refugees" (invaders) refused to accept the food and threw it away BECAUSE THE AID WORKERS WERE CHRISTIAN.

We categorically cannot allow people with this backwards mentality towards law, order (and food aid!) into Europe en masse.
You may not live in an overpopulated area - step into Hounslow, Slough, Bradford and the streets are teeming with migrants, many of whom speak not a word of English and are a strain on our infrastructure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would you defend the border?
Great bunch. Soon to be in German towns.

I'm sure people are thanking Merkel so much.

You're not there - so don't make assumptions.

Are you?
Original post by Fango_Jett
Great bunch. Soon to be in German towns.

I'm sure people are thanking Merkel so much.

Yup! She's a national hero!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconandSauce
Are you?

No - so I'm willing to give the weaker party the benefit of the doubt, as any reasonable person would.
No - so I'm willing to give the weaker party the benefit of the doubt, as any reasonable person would.

You're blatantly ignoring the videos and images posted of refugees throwing away food due to religious hate and attacking police

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconandSauce
Are you?

Ah but didn't you know? SJWs are held by a different standard than the rest of us heartless islamophobic genocidal maniacs.
You're blatantly ignoring the videos and images posted of refugees throwing away food due to religious hate and attacking police

Posted from TSR Mobile

Point stands... none of us are there so the weaker party gets the benefit of the doubt.

So you are dismissive your own arguments

but a week person doesn't riot

they don't storm barricades

they are thankful and grateful for any and all help offered

and we should expect them to follow the law.
I don't agree with razor wire to defend a border. It's not unreasonable to consider it inhumane.

For goodness' sake, razor wire is used all over the place, to keep people out of firing ranges, military establishments, borders, schools even. This is a thin argument; it can only harm wrongdoers, it cannot harm the innocent.
I'll ask the pair of you: are you there? Do you know every bit of detail going on? What I can see is that a country has put up a razor wire (razor wire!) fence designed to injure and maim in order to deter entry. Refugees or 'refugees', these are not people that wish to enter western Europe in order to cause havoc. They just want a better life. There may well be Balkan economic migrants and good luck to them. If you wish to turn artillery fire onto them and start the next Holocaust, then I'll pride myself in being a person that looks after fellow humans.

Honestly - the notion of 'illegal immigration' is absurd.

It is not the wests responsibility to save the world.

I've made my point on the notion of a 'genuine refugee' clear - in any case, Germany has agreed to accept a large number of migrants, and now people find that they can't get there.

yeah and that worked out so well for them didnt it. Thier open door policy lasted what? three days?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/14/refugee-crisis-britain-set-for-eu-showdown-after-germany-brings-in-border-controls (hey look i even used the guardian for you)
Original post by silverbolt
It is not the wests responsibility to save the world.

yeah and that worked out so well for them didnt it. Thier open door policy lasted what? three days?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/14/refugee-crisis-britain-set-for-eu-showdown-after-germany-brings-in-border-controls (hey look i even used the guardian for you)

I think it is
I think it is

Presumably you'll be paying for it, then, and volunteering to take part. But don't do that before you leave behind your quidance on what further spending cuts we should make so that we can afford to do it.
Original post by Good bloke
Presumably you'll be paying for it, then, and volunteering to take part. But don't do that before you leave behind your quidance on what further spending cuts we should make so that we can afford to do it.

I'll continue, be the clichéd SJW that believes austerity wasn't the answer and highlight a number of 'typical' areas.

Do you want to hear any more from me or should I just stop digging?
I'll continue, be the clichéd SJW that believes austerity wasn't the answer and highlight a number of 'typical' areas.

Do you want to hear any more from me or should I just stop digging?

I think your hole is deep enough already.
I think it is

Good. Can we send the bill to you?

I'd rather our taxes go to schools and the NHS which are getting downsized and having their budgets slashed, or for the 2 million already on the social housing waiting list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending