Turn on thread page Beta

Falling for someone because they have fallen for you? watch

I'm going to be 21 soon and I've never been in a relationship before.I have always had that 'oh whatever' attitude towards relationships until now.I'm starting to notice a trend in the way I start liking guys and it's bothering me in a way.
    So a guy I don't find attractive will start showing signs of liking me then all of a sudden I will start liking them back and finding them more attractive than I did before.(I'll be too chicken to do anything about it and it never goes anywhere).Is this normal to like somebody only because you know they like you?.If it continues like this wouldn't I be setting myself up?.

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly one route to forming a relationship. Another would be to pursue someone you like who doesn't appear to like you and a third way would be where you both like each other.

It's not abnormal - each to their own I guess.

I wouldn't worry about it too much

(Original post by Mindspace)
    It's certainly one route to forming a relationship. Another would be to pursue someone you like who doesn't appear to like you and a third way would be where you both like each other.

It's not abnormal - each to their own I guess.

I wouldn't worry about it too much
    The third way would be ideal I think.
    Hmm never knew ,thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of couples (some of them happily married) where one person wasn't interested in the other/thought they were annoying or didn't even notice them, and then later, they got to know each other and fell in love.

As Mindspace said, there's no wrong or right way to fall in love. Yes it's nice if you get that mutual "love at first sight" moment, but as long as the right people find each other eventually, that's all that matters

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.