ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    You're joking, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ummm... no???

ReputationRep:
    Your preparation for 2017 should be to get into ****ing uni first

ReputationRep:
    What can we do to prepare at this really early stage?

ReputationRep:
    woah, keen bean xD I like the forward thinking.

get some insight days/events on your CV
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    LOOOOOOOOL, wtf is going on?! Seriously, there is keen and then there is downright sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KLL)
    Your preparation for 2017 should be to get into ****ing uni first
    How should I prepare seen as though I'm starting University in a couple of weeks on a Masters course?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    LOLOMG! This takes the biscuit...and the cookie O_O The 2016 one has not even run it's course and this has spawned? XDDD

ReputationRep:
    Wow OP is sad.

ReputationRep:
    Lol wtf.

ReputationRep:
    Dont know why you're all saying OP is sad for making thread now. You generally apply for SWs in December and it's basically start of October now, so that leaves about 2-3 months to think about what you can do to maximise your chances before you apply.

Think this is the perfect time to be asking these questions.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    Dont know why you're all saying OP is sad for making thread now. You generally apply for SWs in December and it's basically start of October now, so that leaves about 2-3 months to think about what you can do to maximise your chances before you apply.

For 2017? Don't you think a thread that's a year early is a bit ridiculous, when the one for 2016 hasn't even run its course?

Plus, most people apply to SWs in October-November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You generally apply for SWs in October, actually. December is far too late. This is for 2017! Next year is 2016...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    You generally apply for SWs in October, actually. December is far too late. This is for 2017! Next year is 2016...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thought most places dont look at SW apps until Dec/New year, because they have to process summer apps first which takes a few months, and then they generally pick up SW apps in New Year when they've made enough progress with summer apps. Which is why SW interviews generally dont happen until after mid Jan.

Applying in October is inadvisable too, because the first term at uni gives you the chance to get a lot of ECs/other experience under your belt that can aid your application.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thought most places dont look at SW apps until Dec/New year, because they have to process summer apps first which takes a few months, and then they generally pick up SW apps in New Year when they've made enough progress with summer apps. Which is why SW interviews generally dont happen until after mid Jan.

Applying in October is inadvisable too, because the first term at uni gives you the chance to get a lot of ECs/other experience under your belt that can aid your application.
    A fair amount of banks have already started interviewing SW applicants and many of them will be handing out offers by the December to January time.

In fact, at the IB Top 100 programme, most of the banks there advised to get it done no later than early November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    A fair amount of banks have already started interviewing SW applicants and many of them will be handing out offers by the December to January time.

In fact, at the IB Top 100 programme, most of the banks there advised to get it done no later than early November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow, I guess practices have changed a lot in a few years.

ReputationRep:

Nope, way too late. Applied to Springs last year and for a few it's even past the deadline. Trust me, in first term of first year you won't really get that much done in October regards to actual committee positions at least.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I'm currently a first year on a 3 year course, but I want to do a four year course (Masters). However, as this isn't definite will I be able to apply to Spring Weeks next year or not?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by econibpe)
    hey guys, I'm currently a first year on a 3 year course, but I want to do a four year course (Masters). However, as this isn't definite will I be able to apply to Spring Weeks next year or not?
    Just apply for summer mate, SW again would be a waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.