Who? - Sean! Watch

This discussion is closed.
cricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't believe it. I think he just trying to pull a fast one over everyone. And I'm sorry that "the hacker" is putting the USA in a bad light.
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yea...i don't know...he kinda just left without telling what richmond meant
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by CR3
yea...i don't know...he kinda just left without telling what richmond meant
Someone asked where VA is (Sean's location) and he said Richmond, meaning he's from Richmond in Virginia (USA).
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We seem to have attracted some wierd people onto this foum recently, I mean pretending some1 would e sad enough to hack into an education forum, come on.

Phil
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can someone please clarify for me: has someone actually broken into other's accounts, or have they just been guessing passwords?

If someone has actually been breaking into people's accounts by exploiting some kind of weakness in VBulletin, then action needs to be taken against this person, and VBulletin needs to be contacted regarding a possible weakness. Does anyone know which version of VBulletin we are running here?
Sean2004
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hi guys iam back sorry i had to leave there was a problum with my computer and i live in Richmond V.A my address if you relly want to know is 342 silverDrive also i wish i can give out anymore info but iam going to have to E-mail it to. So ollie did give alot of info or do you need more?

________,
Sean Johnson
Sean2004
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
Can someone please clarify for me: has someone actually broken into other's accounts, or have they just been guessing passwords?

If someone has actually been breaking into people's accounts by exploiting some kind of weakness in VBulletin, then action needs to be taken against this person, and VBulletin needs to be contacted regarding a possible weakness. Does anyone know which version of VBulletin we are running here?

People are just guessing in to password like mine it was so easy it was 2004 so a stupid teen might just guess it and they were in.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How old are you, as the way you say 'a stupid teen', makes you sound a lot older than most people on this forum,

Phil
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I don't think anything has been happening, that it's Sean just making an excuse to post a load of rubbish, then coming back and saying it was a hacker.

It is more than likely a similar situation to what happened to AMG, when her younger cousin posted in her user name because she happened to be logged on - I have the cookie activated that logs me on as soon as I come to the forum, if Sean had the same thing activated, then it only needs someone else to come on to the forum from his computer, and (s)he'd automatically be on under Sean2004's name.
Sean2004
well, iam still a teen but not relly, iam 18
Sean2004
o my god ! that means wait i confused...... the only person living in my house was a 14 year old was watching my house while i went to N.C
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Sean2004
o my god ! that means wait i confused...... the only person living in my house was a 14 year old was watching my house while i went to N.C
Oh, good one, like anyone's going to believe that.
Sean2004
no i mean it! he was taking care of my pets while i went to nc for a few days!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I love the way in which whenever any1 asks u an awkward q, you say you have to go.
Phil
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And how come the 'new sean' seems to have and answer for everything. Seriously, who would trust a 14 year old to watch their house when they are in a whole different state? And how would that 14 year old even know what forum you were on let alone your password. I don't care what he says, that password was hard to guess, even if it is only 2004. If you didn't have a single idea what it was when you went on the computer, what would make you guess that? And how come the 'real sean' popped up right when 'the old sean' got his new avatar, and right after he started a whole lot of trouble? It's all to much of a coincidence to be true.
First of all, there has to be something wrong if you are going to put out where you live on a message board, I mean exactly where you live. I'm sorry but I still don't trust him.
Oh yeah, that's real smart, to put your full name, what state you live in and your full address all on one post. RETHINK YOUR JUDGEMENT SEAN!! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!!!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by cricket
And how come the 'new sean' seems to have and answer for everything. Seriously, who would trust a 14 year old to watch their house when they are in a whole different state? And how would that 14 year old even know what forum you were on let alone your password. I don't care what he says, that password was hard to guess, even if it is only 2004. If you didn't have a single idea what it was when you went on the computer, what would make you guess that? And how come the 'real sean' popped up right when 'the old sean' got his new avatar, and right after he started a whole lot of trouble? It's all to much of a coincidence to be true.
First of all, there has to be something wrong if you are going to put out where you live on a message board, I mean exactly where you live. I'm sorry but I still don't trust him.
Oh yeah, that's real smart, to put your full name, what state you live in and your full address all on one post. RETHINK YOUR JUDGEMENT SEAN!! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!!!
One thing, if we assume for a minute that Sean is telling the truth, this 14 year-old wouldn't need to try and guess the password if it was stored as a cookie on Sean's machine. All he'd have to do would be to visit UK-Learning.net (which he could have found in Sean's history file). BTW, I'm not saying I believe him, far from it, just saying that he wouldn't have had to guess the password.
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, I know that, I have mine saved. That's because no one in my house cares enough to do something like that. But the only reason I said that about his password was because he kept talking about how someone had guessed it and how easy it would have been to guess. So I assummed he didn't have it saved. That is, if i pretended to believe him and all.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
All he'd have to do would be to visit UK-Learning.net (which he could have found in Sean's history file).
Easier than that infact, if people still have AutoComplete activated on their Explorers !

Actually stop now, cos we're giving Sean all the tools he needs to make up a convincing story.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Expression
Actually stop now, cos we're giving Sean all the tools he needs to make up a convincing story.
LOL, yeah good point.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I believe sean is lying.

When I was asked it put that picture the e-mail was a Sean Phillips using this e-mail address [email protected].

d, may like to check sean's account and see what address he signed up with because if it is [email protected] then this hacker must be a great hacker to hack into someone UK Learning account and the same person e-mail account!

Also, why would someone hack into a UK Learning account it is not like it is a Paypal (Online Banking) Account. It is very hard to hack into someone account.

Sean is trying to gain people attention with his unless post. People such as Ollie, Leekey, Expression, Phil, A Musical Gal (though gone she brought a lot to this forum which I have enjoyed reading) and a lot of others post brilliant posts which help the forum.

This idoit (being very polite) bragged about get 100 post which a lot of people mentioned above are well past 100 but didn't brag about it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads