Turn on thread page Beta

Investigation into high ranking police corruption in child abuse watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34279984

This enquiry will probably go the same was as Chilcot-delayed for many years while the elites manage to avoid justice.

Not only is society unbalanced in a wealth inequality way; the rich and powerful do not even have to follow the same laws as the plebs.

The public keep voting for the same old parties, keep supporting the royal family that has no intention whatsoever of seeing equality or ending privilege. I hope at some point the turkeys stop voting for Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)

This enquiry will probably go the same was as Chilcot-delayed for many years while the elites manage to avoid justice.

Not only is society unbalanced in a wealth inequality way; the rich and powerful do not even have to follow the same laws as the plebs.

The public keep voting for the same old parties, keep supporting the royal family that has no intention whatsoever of seeing equality or ending privilege. I hope at some point the turkeys stop voting for Christmas.
    I keep voting for the same old parties because the new parties scare me with their lack of experience, awareness of the real world and general high degree of ineptitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)

I hope so too, and have done for so long, but it is a deeply deluded, conservative country living in post imperial fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I keep voting for the same old parties because the new parties scare me with their lack of experience, awareness of the real world and general high degree of ineptitude.
    But the way that's portrayed is all just superificial, the aura of credibility I mean. And the mainstram politicians don't live in the real world, they are careerists who walk straight into those jobs with little idea how anyone lives, or the impact of their decisions...even if they had it before not when they are in westminster.

ReputationRep:
    The existing parties;
    Promise to reduce immigrations to the tens of thousands yet far from reduce them see them rise to record levels. That includes even non-EU immigration being very high.

Promise to reduce the deficit but fail miserably in doing so.

Promise to build houses for years yet never actually do.

Have a situation where it takes weeks to see a GP now.

Have a situation where they insist in involving themselves in Libya, Syria etc and then have no idea how to deal with the results of their actions (e.g migrants).

Continue with a House of Lords who are incredibly oversized. It is just a place for the elites to go and get more easy money. Why do we need such a large and unelected body? We are a small island.

I could go on. The Lib/Lab/con are career politicans and I question their experience. They have experience in their political bubble, not the real world. It seems really ironic to me that you say that you don't support the new parties due to having a lack of awareness in the real world. Look at Cameron, Osbourne, Burnham, Miliband and Balls in the previous election etc-I really struggle to see any experience of living in the real world from them.

As for ineptitude-I think the country does well in spite of the Lib/Lab/Con rather than because of them. Their first thoughts are how can they make a name for themselves, expand their salary and claim as much in expenses as possible rather than be public servants. At least MP's are elected-the House of Lords and Head of State in Royal Family we have no say in. We just give our money to them, and have no choice in how much goes to them or how it is spend, and if we don't get imprisoned.

I wish I was a monarch. The most diffcult part of your job is being born and after that is seems pretty much plain sailing. I mean you are in your position unconditionally regardless of how you peform in your role. Falling out of a privileged vagina was all you needed to do to rule over an entire country as Head of State. Biggest con going. Yet the public continue to love the Royal Family...turkeys, voting, Christmas. The elites are above the plebs in privilege and in the law and the plebs love them for it.

As for you personally you choose to vote for the established parties and don't complain about the above so I don't criticise you-you aren't a hypocrite. You vote for them and know what they represent. I find what they represent to be truly remarkable however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    But the way that's portrayed is all just superificial, the aura of credibility I mean. And the mainstram politicians don't live in the real world, they are careerists who walk straight into those jobs with little idea how anyone lives, or the impact of their decisions...even if they had it before not when they are in westminster.
    Not all politicians are career. Farage isn't for example and gets criticised for not being a career politician.

ReputationRep:
    Not all politicians are career. Farage isn't for example and gets criticised for not being a career politician.
    Exactly. And he gets smears, as those left or right of the(anti-democratic, authoritarian) consensus do.

ReputationRep:
    The police are useless corrupt idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    The police are useless corrupt idiots.
    No they are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigItch)
    No they are not.
    Yes they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Yes they are.
    On what basis do you state that?. If anything is found the police will not publish it, they are a state owned organisation this means the government will over rule them . I think the government especially the last 5 and half years have been corrupt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigItch)
    On what basis do you state that?. If anything is found the police will not publish it, they are a state owned organisation this means the government will over rule them . I think the government especially the last 5 and half years have been corrupt
    Because the government is corrupt, and they enforce the governments laws.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.