Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if i get good grades at the end of A2 can i go into clearing for medicine.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Medicine doesn't usually come into clearing because it's a massively oversubscribed course to start with.

ReputationRep:
    is there no chance if i do the uk cat and get the grades ,that on result day i ring up and they will give me a place
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Medicine doesn't usually come into clearing because it's a massively oversubscribed course to start with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nini98)
    is there no chance if i do the uk cat and get the grades ,that on result day i ring up and they will give me a place
    Usually, even if you do get the grades, if you didn't have an offer, you won't get in to do medicine. There will be no spaces left to take you as every course for medicine is always oversubscribed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Like people have said above, medicine is massively oversubscribed and isn't found in Clearing - I'm pretty sure every single university offering medicine requires an interview before they hand out an offer, too. If you do well at the end of A2 and want to do med, I think you'll have to take a gap year and reapply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nini98)
    The only way you'd get in is if you are interviewed, narrowly miss out on an offer and are placed on the waiting list. If a conditional firm applicant then does not get the required grades, and you do, then potentially the uni could offer you a place

ReputationRep:
    Med schools usually make their own waiting lists for people who applied earlier but were close to an offer after an interview.

Unlikely but you might as well ask and see what they say.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.