The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Haha thanks Suzy, you're always here to cheer me up xD I guess having to come up with responses on the go serves to show who you are as a person better than questions which we expect to come up! Just gonna do my best and be myself as you said!

Why do you think you were more nervous for this one than the B'ham one?

Exactly! Your natural responses to things helps them get to know you :wink: And obviously they'd accept you based purely on your personality :h:

Not really sure, I think B'ham was less stressful because I kinda knew what to expect (that sheet they gave us detailing every station really helped) but with King's I had no idea as to what was going to come up- it could have been absolutely anything xD plus I love KCL and really want to go so yeah :tongue:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by thechemistress
Exactly! Your natural responses to things helps them get to know you :wink: And obviously they'd accept you based purely on your personality :h:

Not really sure, I think B'ham was less stressful because I kinda knew what to expect (that sheet they gave us detailing every station really helped) but with King's I had no idea as to what was going to come up- it could have been absolutely anything xD plus I love KCL and really want to go so yeah :tongue:

Haha we'll see how it goes then I guess xD!!! I really like King's too (my brother showed me around the other day and it looked so cool o.O Especially with the Shard looming over you I was just like woaaaah xD)! I gotta go through that sheet actually, thanks for reminding me! :smile:

But yeah Suzy, don't worry, I have a feeling that you'll be just fine :smile:
@thechemistress Btw, that confidentiality agreement thing that came attached with the e-mail for Birmingham, we sign that at the actual place right??
Haha we'll see how it goes then I guess xD!!! I really like King's too (my brother showed me around the other day and it looked so cool o.O Especially with the Shard looming over you I was just like woaaaah xD)! I gotta go through that sheet actually, thanks for reminding me! :smile:

Ikr? Being right next to the shard is awesomee tbh :lol: wait, does your brother go to KCL? Awesome if we both end up there together, huh? :biggrin:

Yeah, that sheet is suuuuuper useful, read it and absorb literally every word :tongue:

Aw thanks, and good luck for your interview :biggrin: when's your KCL interview again?

@thechemistress Btw, that confidentiality agreement thing that came attached with the e-mail for Birmingham, we sign that at the actual place right??

Yuppp :h: or you can take a pre-signed version with you but it doesn't really matter either way
Ikr? Being right next to the shard is awesomee tbh :lol: wait, does your brother go to KCL? Awesome if we both end up there together, huh? :biggrin:

Yeah, that sheet is suuuuuper useful, read it and absorb literally every word :tongue:

Aw thanks, and good luck for your interview :biggrin: when's your KCL interview again?

Yuppp :h: or you can take a pre-signed version with you but it doesn't really matter either way

Haha I'll make sure to do that then! :smile: My brother is currently in his 2nd year of Medicine at King's, yeah :biggrin:! Lol that'd be awesome; you would probably recognise me since my avatar is me but I wouldn't have a clue which person is you haha xD My interview is on the 21st of January so hopefully I can make use of that time xD!
(edited 8 years ago)

I literally walked out of london bridge and saw all these signs for the shard and was wondering where it was cuz i couldn't see it. Took me a good 5 minutes to realize I was right under it
Original post by nutcase13
I literally walked out of london bridge and saw all these signs for the shard and was wondering where it was cuz i couldn't see it. Took me a good 5 minutes to realize I was right under it

Hahahaha xD Whooops lol. Although, I have this weird thing where I start to feel strange when looking up at a really tall building from the ground o.O I don't know if there is a name for that but yeah lol
Hahahaha xD Whooops lol. Although, I have this weird thing where I start to feel strange when looking up at a really tall building from the ground o.O I don't know if there is a name for that but yeah lol

maybe it was just the MMI nerves :wink:
maybe it was just the MMI nerves :wink:

haha unfortunately not xD I remember back in the day when I was a little guy I would always grab my mum's hand whenever I was close to a really tall building to stabilise myself xD

Hahaha! I walked out of a different exit (onto Borough Street possibly?) and just got lost for a few minutes.
For people who are nervous, just try to enjoy yourself. If you look and sound positive and happy then it will probably come off better. I was super nervous but just tried to enjoy it. My interview was yesterday at 2:15.

Also, if you have a not so good interview, forget about it for your next interview. I was much less confident at my first interview but KCL was my second and I just tried to be confident and enjoy it - this worked much better than the whole being nervous thing did. Hahaha!

Good luck to everyone!
Original post by Lozzie97
For people who are nervous, just try to enjoy yourself. If you look and sound positive and happy then it will probably come off better. I was super nervous but just tried to enjoy it. My interview was yesterday at 2:15.

Also, if you have a not so good interview, forget about it for your next interview. I was much less confident at my first interview but KCL was my second and I just tried to be confident and enjoy it - this worked much better than the whole being nervous thing did. Hahaha!

Good luck to everyone!

Haha, I 100% agree with your second paragraph. I was so nervous for my first interview and it didn't go as well as it could have but I kinda went into King's slightly more confident and it went a lot better :biggrin:
Where was your first interview? :h:
Anyone know which month interview invites have got up to?
Original post by Jack354
Anyone know which month interview invites have got up to?

I have one on the 7th March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medic-Kate
I have one on the 7th March

Posted from TSR Mobile

Graduate or undergrad?
Stats?
Mines not until Feb but I'm soooooo nervous about this now! :frown: I really want to get into kings and with my age it's probably my last shot! :frown:
Original post by Jack354
Graduate or undergrad?
Stats?

Grad 2.1 687.5 ukcat b2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lozzie97

Good luck to everyone!

Had mine at the exact same time, only black guy, how did you find it?
Haha, I 100% agree with your second paragraph. I was so nervous for my first interview and it didn't go as well as it could have but I kinda went into King's slightly more confident and it went a lot better :biggrin:
Where was your first interview? :h:

your PMs are full! xx
Original post by hopefulmedic97
your PMs are full! xx

Haha soz, cleared up space now :h:

Latest