The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Pedro K.
I think this should give you some confidence xD Trust in your ability; you already have two offers and you're the same person that you were in those interviews that you were at King's, so wazza matter ya know?! I'm sure you'll hear soon :biggrin:

thank you!! yeh I'm not complaining (or at least i shouldn't be). I would love kings but its not the end of the world if i get rejected
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
[QUOTE=Medic-Kate;62830025]Apparently last interview date is March 7th and it's now full according to the lady I spoke to in admissions

Well I spoke to them a while ago as well and the man on the phone said they have more dates in march, like last year where they invited more for interviews as some people interviewed before did not score very high. Also check last years tsr and there were dates running up to march 26th and people getting offers 2 days after. So I don't know where u got ur info from or if you're trying to scaremonger people?
Original post by hopefulmedic97
at least its not just me. I've got one from cambridge and imperial. Have you heard from anywhere?

I don't know how it can take so long...

Haha, well you've already got two offers so I definitely think you're capable of getting a third from King's :biggrin: You might even hear tonight, you never know :wink:

If you got your king's offer, what would be your firm and insurance choice?
Original post by thechemistress
Haha, well you've already got two offers so I definitely think you're capable of getting a third from King's :biggrin: You might even hear tonight, you never know :wink:

If you got your king's offer, what would be your firm and insurance choice?

I'm not sure because imperial is A*AA so it would be difficult to pick

But it's imperial!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you wouldn't firm Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoyo.sat
So you wouldn't firm Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh sorry no I'm definitely firming cambridge but i wouldn't know what to put for my insurance
Original post by Bloom77
But it's imperial!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh but the way my offer works (its funky) if I miss my cambridge offer I will have technically missed my imperial offer. This isn't taking into account the fact that they might be lenient but I'm not sure whether I should rely on it.
Original post by Bloom77
But it's imperial!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is presuming I get somewhere else (chances are looking slim atm)
yeh but the way my offer works (its funky) if I miss my cambridge offer I will have technically missed my imperial offer. This isn't taking into account the fact that they might be lenient but I'm not sure whether I should rely on it.

Ooh yeah I get you
What's the offer for Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kevi14
Well I spoke to them a while ago as well and the man on the phone said they have more dates in march, like last year where they invited more for interviews as some people interviewed before did not score very high. Also check last years tsr and there were dates running up to march 26th and people getting offers 2 days after. So I don't know where u got ur info from or if you're trying to scaremonger people?

I have no reason to scaremonger people? I have said where the info came from - admissions because I wanted to change my interview date and they said they only had one date before mine available. I asked if there were anymore and they said the 7th is the very last date. If they add more I wouldn't know... But that's what they told me. It could change, it may not. I'm going on the info I've been given.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To all current medics or anyone who has knowledge in tne new 2020 curriculum

1)What is new about it ?( compared to current one )
What is so innovative about it ?

2)In anatomy do you get to do dissection yourself or is it someone else who does it ?

3)Do you spend all your time in guys campus or anywhere else ? If it is other places where exactly ?

4)What is main accommodation for the medical students and how much is it ?

Sorry for so many questions
Thanks
Original post by Bloom77
Ooh yeah I get you
What's the offer for Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*A*A but one of the A* can be maths which I already have whereas for imperial A* has to be in bio or chem
Come on KCL... Don't give me arrhythmia! 😁😬
Reply 1554
what was the ukcat cutoff line this year to getting interviews, does anyone know?
Hi, just popping in to answer your question.

1) I'm not too sure about the changes about this myself, I'll let you know if I get the chance to find out more about this.
2) Both. Majority of the time you get to do the dissections yourself with your tutor group mates. There are a few occasions where the demonstrator will do a prosection if it's something that's particularly difficult to get to.
3) Guy's is where you will be to study for first year. You may be at other campuses doing the interprofessional education or for clinical placements, e.g. to Denmark Hill campus to get to the KCH.
4) Great Dover street apt is the medic hotstpot.
Original post by tallyt
what was the ukcat cutoff line this year to getting interviews, does anyone know?

Hey, idk but i've got an interview in march with 670 which is not particularly high
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1557
I don't think there was a cut-off as such, I think they just looked at each application as a whole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To those who've had their interviews, did they have your personal statements with them? Thanks x
Reply 1559
Original post by uwaseem
To those who've had their interviews, did they have your personal statements with them? Thanks x

No they don't have it. So you will be expected to bring your own work experience up in your answers.