The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Hi - was just wondering if any other Law Applicants have heard back yet (I know that one girl has already, so jealous!!)
Taking a Gap Year, and sent my application off on 01/10 - but only sat the LNAT on 17/11 due to getting time off of work.

Got 41 in the IB - 7776 HL (English Lang/Lit, History, Theatre and Spanish B) plus 662 (Maths SL, Physics SL, TOK/EE). 10A* and 1A at GCSE.

Good luck to everyone else!!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Unconditional for liberal arts!! 😍
Original post by jaseho98
Hey best of luck with your application! Received my psych offer :smile: I think that it really depends on when you submit your UCAS (despite them saying equal consideration)

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats!!! :smile:
That's true, it's the last offer i'm waiting for and it's been exactly a month, so hopefully ill hear something soon!
Reply 363
Original post by iomellie123
Hi - was just wondering if any other Law Applicants have heard back yet (I know that one girl has already, so jealous!!)
Taking a Gap Year, and sent my application off on 01/10 - but only sat the LNAT on 17/11 due to getting time off of work.

Got 41 in the IB - 7776 HL (English Lang/Lit, History, Theatre and Spanish B) plus 662 (Maths SL, Physics SL, TOK/EE). 10A* and 1A at GCSE.

Good luck to everyone else!!!

I was thinking exactly the same! Its taking forever I can't!!!

Hopefully its good news to come. Kings have been shooting out offers for most courses this year I don't know what's taking them this long.
Original post by a_677
I was thinking exactly the same! Its taking forever I can't!!!

Hopefully its good news to come. Kings have been shooting out offers for most courses this year I don't know what's taking them this long.

I know!! It's so nerve wracking, but 'cause I'm not at school anymore, I don't have any time scales to compare with other people, so the wait is even worse!!
Just got a conditional offer for Computer Science with management and a year abroad!! :biggrin:
My UCAS has finally been sent by my college! I am predicted A*AA, applied for Classical Studies - AAB!

Watch me get a rejection :biggrin:
Got an offer for computer Science. YES
Is it possible to apply to business management ? As I've written a PS based on accounting and finance/mangement.
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an offer for english BA :smile: Any applicant offer holders days coming up?
Original post by mxlik
Got rejected for IR even though the requirements are AAA and I'm predicted A*A*A

A bit bummed but oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh my:frown:
Where else did you reply?
Original post by ohmycurls
oh my:frown:
Where else did you reply?

Cambridge, LSE, UCL and Manchester

I've got Manchester and an interview for Cambridge. But I did want KCL which is a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 372
Original post by mxlik
Got rejected for IR even though the requirements are AAA and I'm predicted A*A*A

A bit bummed but oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why?! I dont understand how people like you are getting rejected! Is it a very porpular course or something?
Original post by boyyo
why?! I dont understand how people like you are getting rejected! Is it a very porpular course or something?

I have no idea, I've heard many stories about students who meet or exceed their requirements being rejected. I'm not sure what it is, as I've been told by many that my PS is also very strong. But I've asked for feedback to find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 374
Original post by mxlik
I have no idea, I've heard many stories about students who meet or exceed their requirements being rejected. I'm not sure what it is, as I've been told by many that my PS is also very strong. But I've asked for feedback to find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that is so dumb. Please let me know what their reason is, im curious to know now
Original post by boyyo
Wow that is so dumb. Please let me know what their reason is, im curious to know now

Will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I'm on a gap year and just sent off my application for neuroscience. I know this might sound like a stupid question, but it is possible that I could be rejected due to my personal statement. I made a grammar mistake which after proof reading myself and getting my family to read over it somehow didnt notice and the personal statement itself isnt the most amazing piece of writing reading it over it now. I already have the grades, well exceeded in fact what they are asking for. I'm quite the paranoid individual as you can see and was just looking for some reassurance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jaseho98
Hey best of luck with your application! Received my psych offer :smile: I think that it really depends on when you submit your UCAS (despite them saying equal consideration)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting! When did you get your offer?
Original post by HyperIntake
So I'm on a gap year and just sent off my application for neuroscience. I know this might sound like a stupid question, but it is possible that I could be rejected due to my personal statement. I made a grammar mistake which after proof reading myself and getting my family to read over it somehow didnt notice and the personal statement itself isnt the most amazing piece of writing reading it over it now. I already have the grades, well exceeded in fact what they are asking for. I'm quite the paranoid individual as you can see and was just looking for some reassurance.

Don't panic too much - it depends on what kind of mistake it was. If it was a glaringly obvious mistake, it wouldn't do you many favours, but considering that both you and your family missed it, it sounds like it was very small, like missing a full stop or something. And, unis get thousands of applications every year - whilst they read our PS, it's highly unlikely they're going to be scouring them for tiny mistakes (unless you apply for English, in which case mistakes really aren't good, but you haven't so that's not an issue), so I really wouldn't worry about it!! If you've met and exceeded the grades like you said, I seriously doubt one grammar mistake is going to harm your application!!
Original post by iomellie123
Don't panic too much - it depends on what kind of mistake it was. If it was a glaringly obvious mistake, it wouldn't do you many favours, but considering that both you and your family missed it, it sounds like it was very small, like missing a full stop or something. And, unis get thousands of applications every year - whilst they read our PS, it's highly unlikely they're going to be scouring them for tiny mistakes (unless you apply for English, in which case mistakes really aren't good, but you haven't so that's not an issue), so I really wouldn't worry about it!! If you've met and exceeded the grades like you said, I seriously doubt one grammar mistake is going to harm your application!!

Thats good to hear thanks a lot :smile:

Latest