The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I got my offer more than a month ago! :smile:

Original post by SejongtheGreat
I'm still waiting! When did you get your offer?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by boyyo
Wow that is so dumb. Please let me know what their reason is, im curious to know now

I was told it was my GCSEs, I got 6As and 4Bs. Makes sense as I know there's some people with 54A*s and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boyyo
Im hoping to apply for physics Bsc at kings but dont know if I'll get an offer with my predeictions :/

What did you get at AS and what are your A2 predictions?
Where else have you applied? What subjects are you studying?

Have you received any interviews so far?

I'm predicted A*AC (AAB average) so I doubting whether I'll get an offer from KCL.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by mxlik
I was told it was my GCSEs, I got 6As and 4Bs. Makes sense as I know there's some people with 54A*s and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg that is so harsh! But atleast you have really good back up choices. I got similar gcses to yours, 6As 4Bs 2Cs but im applying for Physics, so scared
It doesn't specify other than a C in Maths and A in English/Humanities a subject I think which I do have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boyyo
omg that is so harsh! But atleast you have really good back up choices. I got similar gcses to yours, 6As 4Bs 2Cs but im applying for Physics, so scared

Good luck! Hopefully not all departments focus so much on GCSEs and tbh your GCSEs aren't bad at all. I'm a bit worried that since I didn't get Kings, I don't stand a chance with UCL, LSE or Cambridge. But all I can do is wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What did you get at AS and what are your A2 predictions?
Where else have you applied? What subjects are you studying?

Have you received any interviews so far?

I'm predicted A*AC (AAB average) so I doubting whether I'll get an offer from KCL.

I got a B in maths and Physics and a C in economcis. My current predictions are AAB, but that could change to AAA some time this week before my application is sent hopefully. If i get the AAA ill be applying to kings queen mary and imperial.
Im currently studying Maths, physics and Economics.
I havent received any interviews, Ive stil got to send it off lol

Ps, are you predicted the a* and a in maths and physics?
Reply 387
Original post by mxlik
Good luck! Hopefully not all departments focus so much on GCSEs and tbh your GCSEs aren't bad at all. I'm a bit worried that since I didn't get Kings, I don't stand a chance with UCL, LSE or Cambridge. But all I can do is wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I get how you feel but be positive, best of luck :smile:
Original post by boyyo
I got a B in maths and Physics and a C in economcis. My current predictions are AAB, but that could change to AAA some time this week before my application is sent hopefully. If i get the AAA ill be applying to kings queen mary and imperial.
Im currently studying Maths, physics and Economics.
I havent received any interviews, Ive stil got to send it off lol

Ps, are you predicted the a* and a in maths and physics?

I'm predicted A* in Maths, A in Physics, C in History (not resitting).

Imperial asks for A*A*A which is beyond me since I'm not resitting history.
I take it you want to stay in london? :smile:
Oh, I thought I was late when I sent off my application early November. :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Applied for PPL in begging of October, still didnt get any reply, anyone knows approximate dates when to expect the reply ?
Thank you
Original post by beascottswanson
Unconditional for liberal arts!! 😍

Congratulations!
Reply 391
I'm predicted A* in Maths, A in Physics, C in History (not resitting).

Imperial asks for A*A*A which is beyond me since I'm not resitting history.
I take it you want to stay in london? :smile:
Oh, I thought I was late when I sent off my application early November. :redface:

I think you have a really good chance with those grades. Yeah i dont think ill be able to survive living out right now.
And yeah im kinda worried that its getting late now, my school is really delaying it!!!

Aer you applying for the Msc or the Bsc btw
Original post by boyyo
I think you have a really good chance with those grades. Yeah i dont think ill be able to survive living out right now.
And yeah im kinda worried that its getting late now, my school is really delaying it!!!

Aer you applying for the Msc or the Bsc btw

I'm applying for MSc Physics at KCL, UCL, Bristol, Exeter & Manchester.

I doubt I'll get an offer from Manchester but I have a decent shot at the rest.
Yeah, I know that feeling but it takes time getting used to it and eventually you'll have to learn how to adapt living by yourself.
Has any non Dickson Poon scholarship Law applicant been given offers yet? :/
Got my offer for Classical Studies!
Which is better for BA International Relations? King's College London or Queen Mary University of London? I know KCL has an edge, but I would like to know your views. Also, which is better campus and accommodation wise?I am an international student and your opinions will be of great help! Suggestions for other colleges are also welcome.Thank you.
Original post by boyyo
x

I saw on Kings College London website that they are hosting evening lectures on Physics this Friday, which is a taster of our 1st year course.
Original post by Oxfordmist
Congratulations!

Thanks!☺️
Reply 398
I saw on Kings College London website that they are hosting evening lectures on Physics this Friday, which is a taster of our 1st year course.

Yeahh, I've applied for a ticket, are you coming too
Original post by boyyo
Yeahh, I've applied for a ticket, are you coming too

Yeah, I applied for it too. :P

I don't have a printer so I just took a screenshot of the ticket.
I just registered for the lecture event and then the ticket was sent to my email.

Do you know anybody else going? I don't know how many people to expect there. :redface:

Latest