The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackjack21
when did you send yours off and what are your predictions?

Sent mine on like the 3rd of Dec and my predictions are A*A B
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Sent mine on like the 3rd of Dec and my predictions are A*A B

should come soon
good luck :smile:
should come soon

Really hope so :smile: where else did you apply?
My bestfriend got an offer of AAB from kings for BA in geog, her predicted grade was also A*AB, they replied to her in less than 2 days around 2 weeks ago
Original post by misblablabla
My bestfriend got an offer of AAB from kings for BA in geog, her predicted grade was also A*AB, they replied to her in less than 2 days around 2 weeks ago

Doesnt look promising for me :s-smilie:, Do you reckon they would have rejected me by now if they did not want me?
Doesnt look promising for me :s-smilie:, Do you reckon they would have rejected me by now if they did not want me?

She only did 3AS's - ABB, might give you a little hope if your grades are better maybe?
Original post by misblablabla
She only did 3AS's - ABB, might give you a little hope if your grades are better maybe?

Thanks :colondollar: I am just wondering why mine is taking so long when everyone else is getting theirs so fast.
How likely will midwifery be in UCAS Extra for your university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SejongtheGreat
I applied around October 9th and just got a reply now. So I guess a moderate wait haha?

This makes me feel a bit better. I've been waiting over 50 days for a reply from Psychology! :s-smilie: But I sent mine off after you. It's just quite disconcerting seeing loads of people get an offer within a week or two. I messaged them on Monday about the delay as they said they would assess it within 6 weeks, but I've not had a reply yet.

Congrats on your offer though. :smile:
finally decided that i'll definitely be firming king's for psychology!
Reply 510
American here :smile: applying for the Liberal Arts course. I just hope I get my predicted grades, I really want to go to King's.
Original post by Kingston97
Applied for PPL in begging of October, still didnt get any reply, anyone knows approximate dates when to expect the reply ?
Thank you

I applied for that too! They can take months to reply because it's a small course and lots of people apply for it I'm sure!
should come soon

What were your GCSEs?
Got rejected today :/ predicted A* A B and entry requirements were AAB. Is there anyway I can appeal? I have already asked for further feedback and waiting for a response.
Reply 514
Got rejected today :/ predicted A* A B and entry requirements were AAB. Is there anyway I can appeal? I have already asked for further feedback and waiting for a response.

which course?
Original post by AñaG
which course?

BA Geography
Original post by JohnGreek
They can still reject you for having too low predicted grades even if they meet the minimum threshold - in fact, it's quite possible for candidates who would only just meet the standard offer.

You should look for the process used to request feedback on their website (perhaps the KCL applicant portal may prove useful here?), even though I wouldn't be optimistic - the "feedback" sent is often just an overall admissions statistic and is rarely tailored to your application, and you cannot overturn the final decisions of most universities through appeal, in the overwhelming majority of cases.

EDIT: This is particularly true when you have no extenuating circumstances, or any new evidence in favour of your acceptance, to show them during appeal. They've weighed up the merits of your application and chosen to reject you - unless you give them a reason to change their minds entirely (if that is even possible these days lol), then they have no reason to alter their decision. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's the reality of the admissions process :frown:

I think it may have been my GCSE's. My secondary school only managed around 43% 5 A*-C including English and Maths. I dont think was noted on my reference and if I appeal and highlight this do you reckon i'll have more of a chance? And also how do i appeal?
Original post by JohnGreek
No idea - just google it or send them an email asking if/when you can appeal.
Something as major as low-GCSEs should have been noted in the P.S., if King's didn't already (like Oxbridge do, apparently) have a low-GCSE flag on applications like yours.

What do you mean by low GCSE flag? If i log onto the Kings portal this should be visible?
I think it may have been my GCSE's. My secondary school only managed around 43% 5 A*-C including English and Maths. I dont think was noted on my reference and if I appeal and highlight this do you reckon i'll have more of a chance? And also how do i appeal?

Email the undergrad admissions team. Mine had 33% inc. Maths & English and I never put it on my reference or PS... but you'll never know if you never try! :smile: Also look on The Higher education Funding council for England's (Hefce) Polar postcode check for young participation in higher education. If it's in the lowest quintile you may have some headroom I guess, also consider mentioning you left off some extra curricular stuff you've done from your PS. But It may just have been your GCSE English Language grade? Your cards would have been marked if you got below a B :frown:

My GCSEs are not outstanding, I got BBBBCCCD and I still got an offer.

Latest