Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently deciding what to do for GCSE
    in geography we are doing the Edexcel B syllabus, there is a lot of topics. this year is physical geog, year 11 is human geog. we do 1 topic a lesson. history the topics are: nazi germany; cold war; civil rights; Malcolm X and britain (forgot the dates for britain). For history we are doing OCR B
    To be honest, I have looked at geog past papers, they seem easy. However I am interested in both but more in history, but for some reason I am finding it stressful to decide. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    I believe history is viewed as more difficult, but it will depend on your motivation in the subject though.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Geography is almost too easy. I didn't do history but my friends that did both geography and history often said history was a fair bit harder/required more effort

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    History is harder

ReputationRep:
    History is one of the hardest GCSEs you can take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's down to you really, I found history way easier than Geography but they were both not too difficult. I'd just say pick which one you prefer more

ReputationRep:
    bump2

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently taking both and I can say without a doubt that I find geography much harder.

ReputationRep:
    bump3

ReputationRep:
    I only did geography but based on all my friends' complaints last year geography is a lot easier and requires less work than history

ReputationRep:
    deffo history.

ReputationRep:
    Geography is the absolute worst for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    History is definitely harder due to all the specific details and dates that need to be remembered but IMO History is much more interesting and worthwhile. It all depends on your personal preferences - if you're more inclined towards humanities and English etc, then go for History but if you prefer maths and the sciences you'd probably do better with Geography. I was rubbish at History in Year 10 even though I found it fascinating, I got an E in my mock, but then I actually tried hard and ended up loving it, got an A, and hoping to study it at uni next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretgoldfish_)
    History is definitely harder due to all the specific details and dates that need to be remembered but IMO History is much more interesting and worthwhile. It all depends on your personal preferences - if you're more inclined towards humanities and English etc, then go for History but if you prefer maths and the sciences you'd probably do better with Geography. I was rubbish at History in Year 10 even though I found it fascinating, I got an E in my mock, but then I actually tried hard and ended up loving it, got an A, and hoping to study it at uni next year
    Its got nothing to do with which subjects your more inclined with. I am not that good in English and I get A*s in my maths and sciences. But I chose History and still achieved an A* without that much revision. Everything is easy if you concentrate in lessons but for some reason I wasn't that good in Geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think either is fundamentally more difficult because it just depends on what your skills are but I personally found History more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person i think.. I know i found Geography the hardest out of all my subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Its got nothing to do with which subjects your more inclined with. I am not that good in English and I get A*s in my maths and sciences. But I chose History and still achieved an A* without that much revision. Everything is easy if you concentrate in lessons but for some reason I wasn't that good in Geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People who are logical and good with graphs etc often do really well in Geography, but that's not to say they'd be bad at History and vice versa. In the end it's all down to how much the individual enjoys a subject.

ReputationRep:
    In my school you could either take one or the other. I think they are both quite hard subjects. From personal experience I would say History.

ReputationRep:
    History by a mile, purely due to the dates and events that you have to memorise for the exam. I think also the answers for history require a huge amount of technique. Coursework for history is also a lot harder than the geography but it's much more enjoyable in my opinion.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.