Watch
This discussion is closed.
Txhmid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently deciding what to do for GCSE
in geography we are doing the Edexcel B syllabus, there is a lot of topics. this year is physical geog, year 11 is human geog. we do 1 topic a lesson. history the topics are: nazi germany; cold war; civil rights; Malcolm X and britain (forgot the dates for britain). For history we are doing OCR B
To be honest, I have looked at geog past papers, they seem easy. However I am interested in both but more in history, but for some reason I am finding it stressful to decide. Please help!
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
I believe history is viewed as more difficult, but it will depend on your motivation in the subject though.
Txhmid
Rep:
?
bump
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Geography is almost too easy. I didn't do history but my friends that did both geography and history often said history was a fair bit harder/required more effort

Posted from TSR Mobile
usernameevie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
History is harder
grassntai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
History is one of the hardest GCSEs you can take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ozzie2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's down to you really, I found history way easier than Geography but they were both not too difficult. I'd just say pick which one you prefer more
Txhmid
Rep:
?
bump2
Dingooose
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm currently taking both and I can say without a doubt that I find geography much harder.
Txhmid
Rep:
?
bump3
ellen998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I only did geography but based on all my friends' complaints last year geography is a lot easier and requires less work than history
glo420
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
deffo history.
Jeena_hunt5476
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Geography is the absolute worst for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
secretgoldfish_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
History is definitely harder due to all the specific details and dates that need to be remembered but IMO History is much more interesting and worthwhile. It all depends on your personal preferences - if you're more inclined towards humanities and English etc, then go for History but if you prefer maths and the sciences you'd probably do better with Geography. I was rubbish at History in Year 10 even though I found it fascinating, I got an E in my mock, but then I actually tried hard and ended up loving it, got an A, and hoping to study it at uni next year
Jeena_hunt5476
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by secretgoldfish_)
History is definitely harder due to all the specific details and dates that need to be remembered but IMO History is much more interesting and worthwhile. It all depends on your personal preferences - if you're more inclined towards humanities and English etc, then go for History but if you prefer maths and the sciences you'd probably do better with Geography. I was rubbish at History in Year 10 even though I found it fascinating, I got an E in my mock, but then I actually tried hard and ended up loving it, got an A, and hoping to study it at uni next year
Its got nothing to do with which subjects your more inclined with. I am not that good in English and I get A*s in my maths and sciences. But I chose History and still achieved an A* without that much revision. Everything is easy if you concentrate in lessons but for some reason I wasn't that good in Geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think either is fundamentally more difficult because it just depends on what your skills are but I personally found History more difficult.
ozmo19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on the person i think.. I know i found Geography the hardest out of all my subjects
secretgoldfish_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
Its got nothing to do with which subjects your more inclined with. I am not that good in English and I get A*s in my maths and sciences. But I chose History and still achieved an A* without that much revision. Everything is easy if you concentrate in lessons but for some reason I wasn't that good in Geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who are logical and good with graphs etc often do really well in Geography, but that's not to say they'd be bad at History and vice versa. In the end it's all down to how much the individual enjoys a subject.
MaxReid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In my school you could either take one or the other. I think they are both quite hard subjects. From personal experience I would say History.
_Charlotte15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
History by a mile, purely due to the dates and events that you have to memorise for the exam. I think also the answers for history require a huge amount of technique. Coursework for history is also a lot harder than the geography but it's much more enjoyable in my opinion.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads