The Student Room Group

Full Time OU + Work

Right guys I know this has been asked a lot but it seems it varies for each individual, so id like to get your guys' opinion on my situation.

Im currently unemployed but have an interview at sainsburys tomorrow which will be 32 hours a week, its a temporary job too (permanent possible). Being 19 years old, I have no responsibilities that will take up my time such as kids or my own place etc. My mates are working more and more as well so social time will be cut down a lot. I plan to complete my course as fast as possible and my current timetable I have created is around 24-28 hours week, based on the shifts at sainsburys. Despite the OU recommendation of 32, is that do-able? I also have nothing on sundays so if worse comes to worst then I could always fit in some more hours on a sunday.

If you're interested, I'll be studying a BSc (Hons) Natural sciences with Astronomy and Planetary science.
Reply 1
Doing what level modules? If you are doing 120 credits of Level 1 modules, you'll probably be fine. At Level 2 you'll be very busy and it could affect your grades if it turns out you need extra time for one of the modules.
Original post by IfooWit
Right guys I know this has been asked a lot but it seems it varies for each individual, so id like to get your guys' opinion on my situation.

Im currently unemployed but have an interview at sainsburys tomorrow which will be 32 hours a week, its a temporary job too (permanent possible). Being 19 years old, I have no responsibilities that will take up my time such as kids or my own place etc. My mates are working more and more as well so social time will be cut down a lot. I plan to complete my course as fast as possible and my current timetable I have created is around 24-28 hours week, based on the shifts at sainsburys. Despite the OU recommendation of 32, is that do-able? I also have nothing on sundays so if worse comes to worst then I could always fit in some more hours on a sunday.

If you're interested, I'll be studying a BSc (Hons) Natural sciences with Astronomy and Planetary science.

I'm at Bucks uni and have a part time job :smile:

There have been times where I've done between 30-45ish hours at work (when they desperately needed me) during term time which I have found slightly tiring but doable. But I usually do around between 20-30 hours for work during term time :smile:

But if you manage your time with uni work with your job well then you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As someone else said, stage 1 modules u should be fine, with stage 2 it will be tough

Latest

Trending

Trending