Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in private accommodation about 15 minutes walk from the uni and I'm not sure if I need a bus pass.

I plan on going out and joining the uni gym (I think that gives you access to others in the city) so I know I will use the bus but it won't be everyday so I don't know if it is cheaper to get the bus pass or just pay per ride.

Also, is there a student discount on the pass. If so a link would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I would say go for a bus pass it would just be more reliable to have there whenever you need it.
    I think the price/ discounts depends on your uni and the city you're in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By student standards, a 15 min walk isn't much.

If you walk, you may not need the gym.

Some bus companies run special student season tickets/passes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domonict)
    By student standards, a 15 min walk isn't much.

If you walk, you may not need the gym.
    But muh gains
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Woooooooooow)
    I'm living in private accommodation about 15 minutes walk from the uni and I'm not sure if I need a bus pass.

I plan on going out and joining the uni gym (I think that gives you access to others in the city) so I know I will use the bus but it won't be everyday so I don't know if it is cheaper to get the bus pass or just pay per ride.

Also, is there a student discount on the pass. If so a link would be much appreciated.
    I'd say get a multitrip ticket initally and see how much you use it - you can buy an unlimited pass for just semester 2 if you find you're using the bus alot.

Multitrip prices - http://www.unilinkbus.co.uk/page.shtml?pageid=1046 24 trips for £32
    You can order a card here: https://key.unilinkbus.co.uk/smart-card/register/? (which you can load with a multitrip ticket or you can just put cash on and use it as you go etc) - or you can get one from the unilink shop above the SU shop. An academic year unlimited pass is £270 for staff and students (or £105 for a 90 day pass).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 17, 2015

University open days

1. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 9 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.