Which 6th form should I go to?Watch
- Great location in large city but may be too large compared to what I'm used to
- Highly competitive entry (would be brilliant to get in, but a lot of time e.g. entrance exams if not)
- 3 of my 4 subjects have amazing teachers and courses
- 1 subject is good but different to other sixth forms, haven't seen the exam board before (could be good or bad?)
- would cost quite a lot to get there
- no EPQ but incredible lecture program in every area!
- new building
- old, established, well regarded
- good teaching and courses in all areas
- not as elite as College 1 but still selective
- relatively local so cheap cost
- new site, campus and university like
- strong EPQ and G&T program
- same as College 2 for distance
- really bad in one subject (most interested in) but okay in others
- easy to get in
- hard to get to
- small but personal environment
- feels like a secondary school
All have great results. I can apply to all, but which should I aim for?
EPQ's very useful for uni, with your personal statement (and even better if it's the sub-topic the admissions officer likes the most). You may however be able to submit yourself instead of through the school.
4's out - just 'all right' subjects is not enough especially when it's hard to get to.
I'd choose between 1 and 2.
2 sounds the best here. Relatively cheap, good work all around, local, and looked upon well by universities (in case they take that into account. They might not do it consciously). I'd go with College 2.