Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i studied at my secondary schools sixth form in 2013/14 and got my AS' until they were closed down. I unfortunately took a year out of education after this for personal reasons. But im trying to get back into education this year but so many obstacles keep getting in the way. I applied for an art foundation i meet the entry requirements but the course leader wants to see a portfolio of work which is understandable but she wants to see the work i did at AS, i contacted my old school but they have thrown away my work. I tried to show the course leader what i did in year out of education but she doesnt want to look at it. I dont know what to do and i dont know if theyll let me on the course. Im thinking of looking elsewhere to study for the year but my chances are looking slim. I really dont know what to do my life is falling apart

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to explain to the course leader that your old school threw out all the work you had, and that the most recent stuff you've done is all you can offer (which should surely be a better indication of your expertise...).

If that fails you could possibly try looking for another place to take the art foundation course, I know it's not ideal but always worth the shot And remember you only get college free for 3 years so don't dawdle.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.