Turn on thread page Beta

EPQ vs Gold Crest watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I need to decide whether to do an EPQ or gold crest within the next week or so but I couldn't make a choice. I wanted to know if anybody who has done both these things thinks there is any major advantage to doing on elf these or not the other. The reason I don't want to do both is I am already part of a business which we have to run for a year, have grade 8 piano to do in addition to maths further maths physics and chemistry so I didn't want to take on much more.
    Any advice
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you're wanting to study at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of maybe doing a maths degree at uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (student))
    I was thinking of maybe doing a maths degree at uni...
    I was told about them both but don't fully understand how these awards work? What do you have to do and how easy is it and who checks it etc? couldn't see it on any websites

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing both did a Crest award over the summer, and I'm doing EPQ in school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    I'm doing both did a Crest award over the summer, and I'm doing EPQ in school
    How have you found the work load with both in combination with your a level subjects? I'm just worried about taking on too much work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (student))
    How have you found the work load with both in combination with your a level subjects? I'm just worried about taking on too much work.
    The Crest Award was pretty simple really. Just did a write-up based on a work experience placement I did.

The EPQ's a bit time-consuming, but I have a lot of time at school (only 2 and a half subjects' worth of lessons) so I have a good opportunity to do that at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    The Crest Award was pretty simple really. Just did a write-up based on a work experience placement I did.

The EPQ's a bit time-consuming, but I have a lot of time at school (only 2 and a half subjects' worth of lessons) so I have a good opportunity to do that at the moment.
    Okay-thanks for the advice- I' probably going to do both because even if I struggle then I can always drop one.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.