Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    So I retook year 12 twice. In my first year, I did Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English and wanted to do Chemical engineering, I ended up getting D (Pass) in English, E in Maths, E in Chemistry and U in Physics. So I decided to retake the year and change my option choices, as I had struggled with the latter three subjects even if I had a tutor and I put so much work in. My GCSE's were 2 A*'s, 6A's, 2B's and a C in Latin but that was because I did badly on one exam bringing my whole grade down. Anyways, in my second year of year 12 I took up Creative Writing, English, French and Business Studies. I got BBBD in which all the B's were a couple marks off an A. So I would get predicted AAAC/B, I am planning to retake a module in business and get a tutor as I didn't have one last year. And also I am getting the scripts back. My creative writing grade might change as I sent it off to remark and so far all the people who took the exam their grade went up. So it could jump up to an A as I got an A on my coursework which means I could get predicted an A*. The French I know why I got a B which was because due to my previous year of doing year 12 I hadn't done french but did it at GCSE so I had a gap, so I'm hoping to get predicted an A* for that but not likely. English they are sending off a couple of papers to remark as they suspect some people should have done better, so if they go up mine would be sent off to a remark too and it could go up to an A again predicting me an A*.
    Anyways, sorry for rambling on, I was trying to explain my situation. I would like to apply to Durham, King's College, maybe Bristol and I was wondering if they would mind this. I want to study Law which I understand is quite competitive but my mentor said my personal statement is a good one. And technically I didn't do 3 years of A levels as I picked up different subjects. Can anyone tell me if it is worth me applying to Durham, bearing in mind the remarks haven't come back yet and English one hasn't been sent yet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 17, 2015

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.