The Student Room Group

Any introverts out there...?

Hey all!

So I'm about to start uni to study Law at City, and I am an absolute introvert. I am not a fan of partying (never even been drunk!), and not a social butterfly in nature. Everyone seems to be partying, drinking and having fun every single day all over my facebook feed, having the best times of their lives! And I am beginning to feel like I'm ,maybe 'not normal'. I'd just rather sit in my bedroom and get lost in a good book or write stories. I'm just wondering, is there anyone else who is similar to me? Will my personality and habits be a disadvantage to making friends or being successful in standing out at uni to lecturers and/or employers?

I hope I'm not alone on this! I'm in a crisis!

Have a nice day, y'all! :awesome:
1) there are people like you, most don't have a Facebook account or aren't bothered by it
2) it is possible to make friends, you just need to talk to people more often
Original post by TheArch
Hey all!

So I'm about to start uni to study Law at City, and I am an absolute introvert. I am not a fan of partying (never even been drunk!), and not a social butterfly in nature. Everyone seems to be partying, drinking and having fun every single day all over my facebook feed, having the best times of their lives! And I am beginning to feel like I'm ,maybe 'not normal'. I'd just rather sit in my bedroom and get lost in a good book or write stories. I'm just wondering, is there anyone else who is similar to me? Will my personality and habits be a disadvantage to making friends or being successful in standing out at uni to lecturers and/or employers?

OMFG, me too!! sometimes i worry that i have no social life because i dont like going out as much as my friends do.
But i have to force myself to be more social so i can have nice friends and have a nice time with them. Although, like you said i do like being on my own quite often..
Original post by TheArch
Hey all!

:five:
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
1) there are people like you, most don't have a Facebook account or aren't bothered by it
2) it is possible to make friends, you just need to talk to people more often

1) Yeah, I thought so too.
2) That's an issue, since I'm not too fond of approaching people and just starting a convo. I'm painfully shy, but extremely intimidating. But once people do get to know me, I won't shut up!

Original post by Hannah003
OMFG, me too!! sometimes i worry that i have no social life because i dont like going out as much as my friends do.
But i have to force myself to be more social so i can have nice friends and have a nice time with them. Although, like you said i do like being on my own quite often..

Yup, I'm on the same boat. I have very few friends, though they're all incredibly close and have been my friends for years now. And yes, I'm a loner too.
Original post by TheArch
1) Yeah, I thought so too.
2) That's an issue, since I'm not too fond of approaching people and just starting a convo. I'm painfully shy, but extremely intimidating. But once people do get to know me, I won't shut up!

Yup, I'm on the same boat. I have very few friends, though they're all incredibly close and have been my friends for years now. And yes, I'm a loner too.

We can be loners together!! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Hannah003
We can be loners together!! :biggrin:

:dancing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending