Turn on thread page Beta

Physics ISA - LDR Hypothesis Explanation Help watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello. My Physics teacher is really bad and I'm stumped about how to explain my hypothesis for my ISA question. It's really important because I want to get full marks so I need to get this right. I've tried to search online but I'm really not sure what to put.

Here is my hypothesis: The resistance of a light dependent resistor decreases with increasing light intensity

So how would I explain this? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    When I did my physics ISA last year I looked at a past paper mark scheme to find out exactly how to word it for full marks. You have to start with you have to say something like 'I have researched many sources and have found a similar experiment/a website that said that.....' And then explain briefly how an LDR works (you can copy what the website says)

ReputationRep:
    I believe that light has 5 letters and resistor has 8. 8-5=3 which is the number of letters in ISA. So maybe isa is the illuminati.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletPhillippo)
    Hiya,
    When I did my physics ISA last year I looked at a past paper mark scheme to find out exactly how to word it for full marks. You have to start with you have to say something like 'I have researched many sources and have found a similar experiment/a website that said that.....' And then explain briefly how an LDR works (you can copy what the website says)
    Hi... was the ISA hard or not that bad?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same ISA as you I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordofthehumans)
    Hi... was the ISA hard or not that bad?
    I did the one about thermistors last year as I'm in year 12. I managed to get 60/60 by going over how to answer each question using past papers. The LDR one will be very similar so you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletPhillippo)
    I did the one about thermistors last year as I'm in year 12. I managed to get 60/60 by going over how to answer each question using past papers. The LDR one will be very similar so you'll be fine
    Wow!! Well done! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did you ever get an explanation to the hypothesis?! I have paper 1 next week and that is my hypothesis! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your idea is absolutely true! We need to expose them for who they really are.... Gather all the evidence you can yualwayslying you are soooooo smart 😱

ReputationRep:
    hellu...ma nams billeh...isa eazeh..gut 60/50...2 gud..thunks, plez...kund rehguds...billeh

ReputationRep:
    thenk u so much billeh much appreshiated

cind regerds

ReputationRep:
    nuh prublm mehnumsnotbilleh, glud iz cud hulp plez

ReputationRep:
    mor halp with jehsehessez plez

ReputationRep:
    ohkay mehnamsnotbilleh. dunt woreh, iz gut aystah in orll ma jezeeseez. 2 gud.

ReputationRep:
    woweh.. billeh weh doneh

ReputationRep:
    i think we have the same bad teacher looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshua-P)
    Hello. My Physics teacher is really bad and I'm stumped about how to explain my hypothesis for my ISA question. It's really important because I want to get full marks so I need to get this right. I've tried to search online but I'm really not sure what to put.

Here is my hypothesis: The resistance of a light dependent resistor decreases with increasing light intensity

So how would I explain this? Thank you!
    Hi,

So this is like 4 months late and I do not know if you actually got the explanation but here is what I hypothesise>>

The resistance of the LDR decreases as the light intensity on the LDR increases because more electrons are induced in the current, hence more charge can be carried to the appliance.

If you look at Ohms Law> Voltage is the product of Current and Resistance. Rearranging that equation, resistance is equal to voltage divided by current. Therefore, according to Ohms Law, as current increases, the resistance must decrease.

Hopefully this is right, otherwise Im definitely gonna mess up my paper 1 next week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi have u sat ur physics ISA on Ldrs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicexxx22222)
    Hi have u sat ur physics ISA on Ldrs?
    Yep! Got full marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshua-P)
    Yep! Got full marks.

my hypothesis is this
    If i decrease the distance of the light from the resistor i would be increasing the light intensity yet decreasing the resistance

Is that okay?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.