Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm about to start my second year of university, but I am absolutely dreading it. I am doing law at a very good university. But the first year I hated. Not necessarily because of the course, which was quite interesting (but so much work which meant I had little spare time at all), but rather just university generally. It's just the whole place that I really don't like, the dynamic of uni, the classes, the lectures. I much preferred school where it was simpler, and things were just a little easier. And I got really really homesick last year, to the point that in the second term I was going home nearly every weekend. And it's not like I had no friends there, I do and I am living with a couple of them for this second year, but it's just not the same as friendships I have at home. And during this summer, my girlfriend of a year broke up with me, and that's hit me really really hard. She helped me so much during the first year of university, when I was homesick etc she would be there to phone or text and just help me through it. And now without her this second year just seems far more daunting than it otherwise would have been. It was nice to have that person who helped me through the tough first year, and now without her I'm dreading uni even more. I have no idea what to do

ReputationRep:
    think of it as a free and independent time, not vast and lonely

ReputationRep:
    its your time to grow

ReputationRep:
    dont be afraid of your own company

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same atm, I just started, and haven't made any friends but I try not to get too bothered, i'd rather focus on my course, maybe i'll still be able to have fun

ReputationRep:
    soz for the random posts

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like it , LEAVE!

Don't make yourself unhappy , do you have to have a degree right now? , I highly doubt it , just work for a while and once you are sustained then go to University.

Lol.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Maybe try and use it as a chance to try new things. I'm often seen on here talking about clubs and socs. But genuinely try one out it would give you more things to do and take your mind off of homesickness. It might lead to making more genuine friendships like your one at home. Also at the end of the day, it's only a months a year. Especially if you count in the fact that you're there a few months then it's Christmas. A few months later it's Easter. Then it's summer!

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry it has just started!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    Dont worry it has just started!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry wrong forum XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iman7861)
    I much preferred school where it was simpler, and things were just a little easier.
    Sadly, you can't go back to school.
    So you've just got to get on with it. :yep:

Give yourself a couple of slaps, :slap:
    then a hug, :hugs:
    then a hot drink and chocolate biscuit, :tea:
    and get on with the work.:work:

If you think uni is bad, wait until you start work.
    (Not meaning to depress you or anything, but you've got to look on the bright side :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    get back together with the girl who was supporting you.

ReputationRep:
    transfer unis?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.