Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been predicted A*A*A* at a level due to my AS results, however I believe I will only achieve A*AA-AAB so will apply to universities with entry requirements of A*AA, AAA and AAB as a back up. It's been suggested to me that universities will give me offers that are higher than the usual entry requirements due to my predicted grades. Is this true and should i ask my teachers to drop my predicted grade?

ReputationRep:
    Dont set your aims low. Your teachers believe in you, now its time for you to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjabz)
    Dont set your aims low. Your teachers believe in you, now its time for you to do the same.
    I am still worried that uni's will give me offers with higher grades than the normal entry requirements? Seems unfair

ReputationRep:
    what did u get in AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidcalledalex)
    I am still worried that uni's will give me offers with higher grades than the normal entry requirements? Seems unfair
    Choose 2 really good unis, 2 good unis and 1 decent uni. If you're doing medicine choose 2 really good and 2 good unis. Don't aim lower than A*A*A! Im sure you can do it! Your grades and predicted grades are amazing. Call some unis if you want to find out whether they'll increase the requirements for you good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very unlikely, last year there was only one instance of it occuring I believe (and that probably had more to do with the uni being over-applied to). You'll get offered the uni's standard offer if they accept you.

ReputationRep:

Im worried about this too, but I dont think they will raise it to three A*s thats ridiculous.

If your are worried, email the university and ask them if they would raise the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnypdot)
    what did u get in AS?
    3 A's 290/300 268/300 and 186/200

ReputationRep:
    I have been predicted A*A*A* at a level due to my AS results, however I believe I will only achieve A*AA-AAB so will apply to universities with entry requirements of A*AA, AAA and AAB as a back up. It's been suggested to me that universities will give me offers that are higher than the usual entry requirements due to my predicted grades. Is this true and should i ask my teachers to drop my predicted grade?
    Cambridge occasionally give extra-difficult offers, but elsewhere if it almost unheard of. Applying with A*A*A* predictions will just make you an extremely strong candidate. Why do you think you might 'fail' to live up to your teachers' expectations?

ReputationRep:
    I am not looking to apply to Oxbridge. This is because I am quite far behind on A2 work and am finding the jump from AS to A2 greater than GCSE to AS, especially in physics!
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Cambridge occasionally give extra-difficult offers, but elsewhere if it almost unheard of. Applying with A*A*A* predictions will just make you an extremely strong candidate. Why do you think you might 'fail' to live up to your teachers' expectations?

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 A's at AS (maths, physics, chemistry and product design) and I'm predicted 4A*'s at A2 (it's a tall order, I know). Do your predicted grades actually affect your offers? My teachers seem to have differing opinions :/

ReputationRep:
    I am not looking to apply to Oxbridge. This is because I am quite far behind on A2 work and am finding the jump from AS to A2 greater than GCSE to AS, especially in physics!
    Did you only do 3 AS and only aim for A*AA or higher unis but have one back up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjabz)
    rah, since when was Drake on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Also geography AS which I got a C in
    (Original post by jonnypdot)
    Did you only do 3 AS and only aim for A*AA or higher unis but have one back up

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.