Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My as levels were so bad, i got EDDU.
    I want to apply to Kings for Law, i am retaking all my subjects while sitting my A2.
    If we say i some how worked super hard and got A*AA or just AAA, would kings ever consider accepting me?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You need to be more realistic.

ReputationRep:
    I mean if you're gonna do some hardcore studying then i don't see why not.

ReputationRep:
    Admissions work like this.

KCL is a popular college and law is a very popular degree. KCL is going to get several times more applicants than places even though with their A level requirements, there is no cap but there is a limit on how many students they can take anyway.

They are going to give only the students who they think will get the required grades offers based on their GCSE, AS grades, predicted A level grades and interview.

They will give more offers than places because some candidates will not get the grades, some will change their mind and some use KCL as insurance. They can't give places to candidates they think won't get the grades because they most probably won't and its too risky for them to have unfilled places.

There will be a cut off for candidates they won't give offers to based on the aforementioned GCSE and AS grades. Your grades are far too low for them to take a risk on given they most likely to have lots of candidates with better AS results that is below their cut off anyway.

Your best bet is to apply after you get your A level results.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it, they have a 14% acceptance rate.
    I applied with lower than expected grades, 1 grade lower than asking, and got in.
    It's up to you whether or not to apply, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should apply after you've done your A-levels and take a year out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 20, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.