Report 6 years ago
No. I hate it when people rev their engines, especially at night :mob:
Crystalz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sweet n Sour)
If looking up alarmed and then coughing at the smoke and smell of burning rubber and covering my ears and creasing as the tires screech and the engine roars unnecessarily like a stampede of animals and I suddenly feel very unsafe means I'm impressed...

yes.
In fact, I'd even encourage it.
Sorry but the grammar in this post is all over the place.
Sweet n Sour
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Crystalz)
Sorry but the grammar in this post is all over the place.
Okay? Didn't know this was the English Essay forum. Why do people post useless things just to be mean and obnoxious.
Sweet n Sour
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If looking up alarmed and then coughing at the smoke and smell of burning rubber and covering my ears and creasing as the tires screech and the engine roars unnecessarily like a stampede of animals and I suddenly feel very unsafe means I'm impressed...

yes.
In fact, I'd even encourage it.
Edit my grammar, please, apparently it's "all over the place."
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just think of this:

samboosa0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No :no:
Makes my ears hurt
lustawny
Badges: 6
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JoshDawg)
I don't think chavs use this site so all you will get is a no here.
Profesh is a closet chav.
Crystalz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Okay? Didn't know this was the English Essay forum. Why do people post useless things just to be mean and obnoxious.
I'm not trying to be mean and obnoxious. Just that was really bad I'm sorry, grammar slip ups are fine but 5 'and's' in one sentence???
pmprin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kadak)
Walking through Ealing Broadway today and noticed some guy on a motorbike roaring his engine trying to impress women.Does this sort of thing actually impress you?
no
Sweet n Sour
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Crystalz)
I'm not trying to be mean and obnoxious. Just that was really bad I'm sorry, grammar slip ups are fine but 5 'and's' in one sentence???
It was meant to be a breathless, ranting run on, so actually my grammar was fine. Punctuation would have made it have pauses and I didn't want that because I was typing as I knew I would say it. What else do you want?
lustawny
Badges: 6
Report 6 years ago
*****y cat fight imminent. Time to grab the popcorn.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Roaring engine to catch attention of women = stupid, very stupid.

Riding an actual motorbike = can't lie, quite cool!
drowzee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
Roaring engine to catch attention of women = stupid, very stupid.

Riding an actual motorbike = can't lie, quite cool!
Really?
Warrior7k
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I ride a motorbike and was taught by my instructor to rev ... It wasn't to get the attention of bystanders but cars instead as you're on a bike its harder for them to see you (blind spots etc) thus by revving the engine they know that there is someone there.watch this motovlog called royal Jordanian youll understand from that.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by drowzee)
Really?
Yeah why do you disapprove? :giggle:
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
no, i hate engine noises they just give me a headache and i think what an attention seeking [email protected]
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Edit my grammar, please, apparently it's "all over the place."
The breathless, run-on sentence trailing off and then abruptly shifting into flippant irony was what made it humorous. Clearly Crystalz has mistaken you for someone like James Joyce, whose children's book Julie Sees famously eschewed punctuation only because he 'didn't know how' and was 'too successful to learn'.
drowzee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
Yeah why do you disapprove? :giggle:
Yes.
alicia_x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kadak)
Walking through Ealing Broadway today and noticed some guy on a motorbike roaring his engine trying to impress women.Does this sort of thing actually impress you?
Haha! This made me laugh a little :clap2:
To me, you sounded really unimpressed (rightfully so), but that's probably just how I read it.

I think it's very twãtish, and I can't put it into words how much this sort of stuff p*sses me off. I would never date someone like that :battle:
Rad-Reloaded
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was only recently I learned how cheaply you can buy nice motorbikes

The level of respect I once had for young guys who owned really nice bikes totally fell through the floor.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads