The Student Room Group

Are you scared of the future?

I feel like the movies coming out now are like signs to upcoming events in the future or is it me being paranoid?

The Hunger Games

The Purge 1 &2

Kingsman

They all have something in common. killing people for survival.
Tell me about it. Makes me wonder if I even want to have kids. Imagine the s**t they will have to go through :/
umm so is a million other movies out there kill or be killed that kind of ****. 420 blazed too much?
Na, the diseases will kill people off before most of the violence :wink:

On a more cheerful note I'm more looking forward to the future, will be really interesting to see where we get to technologically and as a race, ie psychologically, ethically etc. There's a word that fits really well to describe that but I can't think of it.
Reply 4
Original post by tinababy
Tell me about it. Makes me wonder if I even want to have kids. Imagine the s**t they will have to go through :/

and yet again the rich are guaranteed a safe life whilst the lower class not so much.

Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
umm so is a million other movies out there kill or be killed that kind of ****. 420 blazed too much?

I'm not a movie kind of person. but the current/popular movie all have a similar storyline.
Hahaha, definitely thought this was going to be about our personal futures...think I prefer this dystopian twist
Yes, but not because of stuff I see in dystopian films
Reply 7
I think there's a significant chance that humanity will cause incredible destruction to itself in the next 100 years. I try not to dwell on it too much though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I'm scared that robots and computers are going to take over and we live in an autonomous world in the future

Posted from the outdated TSR Mobile app
If you want a film to be scared about watch Battle Royale, it is The Hunger Games on steroids.
Original post by Abdi112
I'm scared that robots and computers are going to take over and we live in an autonomous world in the future

People laugh at me when I say this. I don't get what they can't comprehend about AI..? It is a very real possibility.
Am I scared of THG becoming a reality in the future? No.

Am I scared of the future? Yes.
Reply 12
Original post by Dark Elixir
People laugh at me when I say this. I don't get what they can't comprehend about AI..? It is a very real possibility.

I doubt AI will advance that far in this lifetime, though technology does advance super quick so I guess it's possible
Reply 13
Original post by Dark Elixir

Just point out to those people 2 decades ago there was no self driving cars, tablets, phones and robotic factories

Are you scared of my future, being the first emperor of the Western hemisphere? Wherein I'll impose my ideology of hedonism and debauchery and all things saucy?

Spoiler

Original post by DiddyDec
If you want a film to be scared about watch Battle Royale, it is The Hunger Games on steroids.

I could never take The Hunger Games seriously because I'd seen Battle Royale a bit before and figured it was just a crappy knock off

Quick Reply

Latest