The Student Room Group

Does my gf have self-esteem issues?

So I suffer from self-esteem issues and love my girlfriend more than anything, so please don't think I am being judgemental in any way for asking these questions, but I can't work her out.

I have often wondered whether she has low self-esteem herself - she has always sought attention from guys to make up for a lack of attention from her dad - divorce, went through a phase of being really promiscious, had bullimia and overexercising issues. She also refers to herself as the "ugly, fat sister" and seems to still have body issues.

But on the flip side, she is an actress, loves to be the centre of attention, loves to take selfies and post on social media. When around new people, she actually changes to an extent in personality in order to impress and become the centre of attention. These traits I consider to be more narcissistic...

Maybe the two are connected. But what do people think? Are these signs of low self-esteem?
Often people who crave attention do have self esteem issues, and that's the main reason they crave attention. To make them feel better about themselves.

I would say from the sounds of it, yes she has self esteem issues. But then it's not really uncommon, most people do to some extent
Original post by Anonymous
So I suffer from self-esteem issues and love my girlfriend more than anything, so please don't think I am being judgemental in any way for asking these questions, but I can't work her out.

I have often wondered whether she has low self-esteem herself - she has always sought attention from guys to make up for a lack of attention from her dad - divorce, went through a phase of being really promiscious, had bullimia and overexercising issues. She also refers to herself as the "ugly, fat sister" and seems to still have body issues.

But on the flip side, she is an actress, loves to be the centre of attention, loves to take selfies and post on social media. When around new people, she actually changes to an extent in personality in order to impress and become the centre of attention. These traits I consider to be more narcissistic...

Maybe the two are connected. But what do people think? Are these signs of low self-esteem?

Body-dysmorphia explains her symptoms

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending