can you get onto a one year top up degree with a BA?

Watch
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Question as above. I already have a degree but wonder if it's possible to get onto a top up degree through this rather than doing a foundation degree to get onto a top up degree.

Hope this question makes sense!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As you ve already got a degree and cashed in the credits I don't think you d be able to do that
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not quite sure what you mean by a top up degree? People do foundations years to bring them up to speed so that they can join the course. If you have a degree the next step is postgrad degrees and qualifications.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
Question as above. I already have a degree but wonder if it's possible to get onto a top up degree through this rather than doing a foundation degree to get onto a top up degree.

Hope this question makes sense!
Do you mean jumping in at the second year of a degree or something? I don't understand your question.
beautifulbigmacs
Rep:
?
If you do two years foundation degree you can go onto a top up degree.

So if I have already got a degree can I skip the foundation degree and go straight to the top up degree?
beautifulbigmacs
Rep:
?
Nb the definition of top up degree is best explained through a Google search.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
Nb the definition of top up degree is best explained through a Google search.
They are designed to build on a foundation degree in the same subject as the top up, are they not? If you don't have the base in that subject, they won't let you jump in at the upper end, and if your degree subject is relevant, then you already have the top up in the degree you already have. I imagine I must be missing something here.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agree with the above poster. Also, if you've managed to find info on the degree by googling it surely info about how to get on it is easily available. If not try contacting the units offering it. They'll be best placed to help.

Quote if you want a reply!
BSc Biochemistry with a year in industry, University of York
PhD in molecular biology, Queen Mary University of London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.03%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.04%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.94%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.68%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.51%

Watched Threads