The Student Room Group

What is it like being a NEET ???

Not in Education, employment or training ?

Do you get bored ? Do you go to the pub all day ?
have at it :h:
It is great, I get sit on TSR most of day, apply for a few jobs, watch films, go to the pub and generally relax. And better yet I get paid to do it by the Government.
Original post by DiddyDec
It is great, I get sit on TSR most of day, apply for a few jobs, watch films, go to the pub and generally relax. And better yet I get paid to do it by the Government.

Wow! Did you go to university ?

Do you intend on being a long term NEET ?
Original post by lachachacha
Wow! Did you go to university ?

Do you intend on being a long term NEET ?

I am a uni dropout,

No, I am taking a break, I finished my job about 2 weeks ago so I am taking a holiday.
I am a uni dropout,

No, I am taking a break, I finished my job about 2 weeks ago so I am taking a holiday.

Why did you drop out of uni if you don't mind me asking ?
i suggest you watch Welcome to the NHK
Original post by lachachacha
Why did you drop out of uni if you don't mind me asking ?

Wasn't for me, I spent most of my time partying and having fun but that is because I have never been academic. I enjoyed university life, not studying.
Wasn't for me, I spent most of my time partying and having fun but that is because I have never been academic. I enjoyed university life, not studying.

****, that's the only reason I'm going to uni...
Think of your parents never ending condemnation, coupled with a depression that slowly turns into giddy madness as you realise that the demands people make of you to be "more confident" are completely contradictory to the notion that you should listen to them!!

**** YOU DAD LET ME WATCH MLP IN PEACE!!
Original post by Dark Elixir
****, that's the only reason I'm going to uni...

I still learnt things though. I just didn't study very hard. It is a pretty expensive party.
Reply 11
I ****ing hate it. You'd think it;s great but you lose sense of time. Days don't mean anything anymore, neither does time. I often feel like I ****ed my life up. Watching movies and playing games all day get's boring really fast.
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
i suggest you watch Welcome to the NHK

It's all a conspiracy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by FatherTime
It's all a conspiracy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

MIGI!
I guess you could say that I am a NEET at the moment... Not by choice and I do have the possibility of a job waiting for me (medical leave from a minimum wage job). Not the first time that I have been a NEET before either. Honestly it is a mixture of heaven and hell (sorry for the religious terms). The heaven is because of the perception that you can do what you want when you want and that you are free from obligations and responsibility. In reality it's closer to hell. You can't seem to do everything that you want to do in a day (the days seem to get shorter and bleed into one another so that you are just in one really long day) and because you have "all the time in the world" you don't seem to be able to do things exactly when you want either. The longer you stay a NEET the more the pressures and responsibilities of life weigh you down until they become more than you had when you weren't a NEET (money, shelter, food, society expectations, social ostracism, the pressures of family and friends, guilt, sense of failure, and a growing need to escape it all). The situation becomes a cycle feeding on itself until something snaps and you do something about it (getting a job - hopefully).
It sucks, but in my area at least it's entirely optional for able bodied people. The unskilled jobs I've had are constantly hiring (I know because I sometimes get emails or texts), but very few British people actually take the jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending