The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

Potential Ravensbourne Student! Please help!

Hi all!

I am looking to apply for Ravensbourne next year for 'Digital Television Production'! Can any current students give me advice? I know people have said its not traditional 'student life' which doesn't bother me, but people do make friends with each other and stuff? I know it sounds stupid but I absolutely love the place I just don't want to be alone!

Any advice or tips or experiences please let me know!

Thanks
Original post by hannah.allison97
Hi all!

I am looking to apply for Ravensbourne next year for 'Digital Television Production'! Can any current students give me advice? I know people have said its not traditional 'student life' which doesn't bother me, but people do make friends with each other and stuff? I know it sounds stupid but I absolutely love the place I just don't want to be alone!

Thanks

Hey Hannah :smile:

Ravensbourne student moderator here! People do make friends... it's quite an open and friendly institution but It's all about being proactive, speaking to classmates and joining clubs etc!

Our fourth floor is where a lot of the mingling takes place, it's an open space where people go for break, lunch or to chill. You meet people while working as a student ambassador too and joining societies. Fourth floor and the societies are where I met majority of people I know.

There are loads of clubs and societies from cheerleading to fencing which is definitely some of the best places to find people similar to you.

Hope this helps!

Bee :h:
London
Hey Hannah :smile:

I am a third year Ravensbourne student that had many concerns when I was joining about making friends, but do not be afraid because everyone is lovely!

I have made many friends during my time there and we have a lot of fun, level 4 is usually where everyone hangs out while university is open. But the SU hold loads of events like freshers and there are lot of societies from Gaming to football.

Remember you're not alone and everyone will be nervous. But Ravensbourne is a fantastic place to make friends!
Original post by hannah.allison97
Hi all!

Thanks

Hi!

I applied for the same course and got accepted! Did you end up applying?
Original post by Just/a/username
Hi!

I applied for the same course and got accepted! Did you end up applying?

Yo! I'm not OP but I had my interview and got accepted last week! Still haven't had anything come through UCAS though, have you heard anything since your interview?
Original post by Filmmakermadting
Yo! I'm not OP but I had my interview and got accepted last week! Still haven't had anything come through UCAS though, have you heard anything since your interview?

Yeah I heard through UCAS 8 days after my interview :smile:
Oh that's cool, I'm only on day 8 today so I'll have my email open all day 😜
Original post by Filmmakermadting
Oh that's cool, I'm only on day 8 today so I'll have my email open all day 😜

Okay good luck :smile:
Hi!
I've firmed Ravensbourne and I'm looking to move into Scape Greenwich in September. However I just read the FAQ section of the website and it says the first installment is due mid-August and I don't get my student loan till September time? How do I pay £3000(ish) without my loan hahaha HELP!
Original post by basicallystudent
Hi!
I've firmed Ravensbourne and I'm looking to move into Scape Greenwich in September. However I just read the FAQ section of the website and it says the first installment is due mid-August and I don't get my student loan till September time? How do I pay £3000(ish) without my loan hahaha HELP!

Hi!
That is completely understandable and not to worry but take a look on our student website and under student services contact them of your situation, I'm sure there are a few similar to you they will be able to come up with a solution
Likewise Anita Bailey our financial support and accommodation adviser will be able to help :smile:

Student Services
Anita Bailey

Hope it helps!
Jay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending