Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have just completed my second maths coursework(vectors) to a very poor standard. this is because I got 6, 6, 6 on my first coursework so i was pleased with that result. they choose the highest mark form each strand, is this true?

oh, i am considering maths for a-level but i want to know which one is the best, pure and statistics or pure and applied.
    please help

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you want to do later in life. If you want to do something like accounting then stats is better, but if you are like me and want to do something like engineering the applied is much better.

With my course I end up doing most of most of it becuase I do 18 out of 21 modules. I get an A-level in Maths, Further Maths,l and Further Maths (Additional).

Hope thats been of some help.

Hi!
    your e-mail doesn't make sense.
    Did you get less than 6 6 6 on the vectors cwk, if so you're in for a rather rough ride. Yes they do take the top mark in each strand across the 3 threads but 18 is only a middle B grade and if you are looking for an A at GCSe you have it all to do in the exams and pull up the 20% you only have on a B grade - so start revising NOW!
    As to what A level - it really depends on your ability and interests:
    if you are good at maths and have just been being a lazy little sod, then yes you might try the pure - but it is the tough option. If you enjoy the calculation side of physics then it might be better to go for pure & applied. If you enjoy fiction and are good at tedious calculations try the statistics.
    But which ever you choose - there are no soft options in maths and you must be prepared to work at it otherwise at teh end of 2 years you could end up with nothing!
    This is a guide from one who has beeeen there!
    Good Luck!

hey im doing my maths coursework on something really pants about driving instructors and our teacher isnt even slightly helping me
    i havent actually got a clue and what makes it worse evry1 of my mates are saying they dont either but i know they do as they are frantically writing while i look into space for inspiration! i am actually going to fail my gcses ! its not even funny !!! ahhhhhh !! i hope someone out ther feels the same way !!!!

could u send me coursework on handaling data about cars and stuff for maths to [email protected]

ahhhhhhh, i av a really hard maths cw 2, tat i dont know how to do, and my frends also say they dont kno but they obviously do, its on driving tests and was wondering if any1 had a clue about it, could they help me its on statistics and i have o do 4 hypothesis on it. pllllzzzz help and you could email to me at [email protected] asap. pllzzzzz i am gonna fail all me gcse's and would b helpful if i could at least hand in a bit of cw. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so email me, if youve done it and no how to.

could u send me coursework on handaling data about cars and stuff for maths to [email protected] otmail.com

fuk the maths go and get your self fuked of your small pin prick brain !

I bet my coursework is even worse! lol! i'm only a baby year 10, but we've just started our maths cwk! normally i'm quite good at investigations, but on this one i dnt have a clue!
    The prob is tht we have like a chessboard but smaller and we have to find out how many squares r in it. I just cnt seem to picture it and get meself all flustered!!
    Has any1 got ne info or ideas on how to solve it?
    Cheers
    Jenny x

Originally posted by Unregistered
    ahhhhhhh, i av a really hard maths cw 2, tat i dont know how to do, and my frends also say they dont kno but they obviously do, its on driving tests and was wondering if any1 had a clue about it, could they help me its on statistics and i have o do 4 hypothesis on it. pllllzzzz help and you could email to me at [email protected] asap. pllzzzzz i am gonna fail all me gcse's and would b helpful if i could at least hand in a bit of cw. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so email me, if youve done it and no how to.

aaaah. i am in need of some serious help! i have to do my stupid maths coursework (gcse) and i have absolutely no idea where to even begin...i've got all my data and i've got some graphs too but i have absolutely no idea what to write. my teacher was no help help either so i seem to be stuck...my coursework is about data handling. and we were given records from a fake made up school and we were told to make a hypothesis. i have taken 100 records as the sample data and my hypothesis is "the higher the IQ, the higher the KS3 Science SAT level" am very confused. someone pleeeeeeeeaaase help me or i will definitely fail...(which is bad)
    - jd -

[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    hey!im doing a piece of maths coursework, on driving instuctors and i have 2 make 3 hypothesis! i dont av a clue wot i supposed 2 b doin bcos da teacher wont explain it, and all my friends know wot 2 do, and i dnt!! im in need of some serious help, and i really dntr understand wot im supposed 2 do 4 this piece of coursework! if ne one has done this b4, plz help me out cos im really stuck, and av 2 hand this in on monday, and im not even started yet!plzzzzzz help me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    i have just completed my second maths coursework(vectors) to a very poor standard. this is because I got 6, 6, 6 on my first coursework so i was pleased with that result. they choose the highest mark form each strand, is this true?

oh, i am considering maths for a-level but i want to know which one is the best, pure and statistics or pure and applied.
    please help
    Most exam boards changed their marking arrangements two years ago. Both cwk's count. 1 is algrbra based the other stats based (too hard to get examined under test conditions as questions are too long for the marks that they would generate) so you can't slack off the 2nd piece of work they way you used to be able to.

6 6 6 out of 24 amounts to a grade C

as fpr A-Level, Pure and applied of you can picture mathematical problems, if not go for the stats, not as interesting for an engineering mind though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I bet my coursework is even worse! lol! i'm only a baby year 10, but we've just started our maths cwk! normally i'm quite good at investigations, but on this one i dnt have a clue!
    The prob is tht we have like a chessboard but smaller and we have to find out how many squares r in it. I just cnt seem to picture it and get meself all flustered!!
    Has any1 got ne info or ideas on how to solve it?
    Cheers
    Jenny x
    run a search for "squares in squares" or "squares in rectangles", this was discussed at extreme length last year, I copied off about 12 pages of material.

Answers revolve around sum of square numbers, sum of cube numbers and sum of triangular numbers,

ReputationRep:
    wow, this thread is almost 2 years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    wow, this thread is almost 2 years old.
    so it is so the originator could skive off the 2nd piece of work! Don't I look daft now.
    Phil

ReputationRep:
    im confused also! im doing the same cw and i also look into space for inspiration unable to find any! my friends also say they dont hava clue but they all write masses and im jst left there wonderin whats going on! have u found out anymore about it? because my teacher is useless! help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dont ave a clue)
    hey!im doing a piece of maths coursework, on driving instuctors and i have 2 make 3 hypothesis! i dont av a clue wot i supposed 2 b doin bcos da teacher wont explain it, and all my friends know wot 2 do, and i dnt!! im in need of some serious help, and i really dntr understand wot im supposed 2 do 4 this piece of coursework! if ne one has done this b4, plz help me out cos im really stuck, and av 2 hand this in on monday, and im not even started yet!plzzzzzz help me!!!

hey! i have chosen 3 hypothesis'...
    1.the driving instructor in relation to num of mistakes
    2.the time of day in relation to num of mistakes
    3.the num of lessons in relation to num of mistakes.
    my maths teacher says these are the correct syllabus hypothesis' but if it doesnt help im sorry! hope you get it all done!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2004

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.