The Student Room Group

would this be showing off on a date?

I have a few stories to tell, but I feel that they make me look like im showing off, which is a huge turn off for girls.

All these stories are true.

1. I helped a man who's wife cheated on him. He went on many dates, as i helped him find his true self. His wife then asked him to take her back.

2. when I was a kid, girl would flirt with me, but I was so anti-social I would not even notice this. I remember an awkward situation when I was in a room with three girls. And the teacher asks which one fancies him then.
Yeah keep it secret.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have a few stories to tell, but I feel that they make me look like im showing off, which is a huge turn off for girls.

All these stories are true.

1. I helped a man who's wife cheated on him. He went on many dates, as i helped him find his true self. His wife then asked him to take her back.

2. when I was a kid, girl would flirt with me, but I was so anti-social I would not even notice this. I remember an awkward situation when I was in a room with three girls. And the teacher asks which one fancies him then.

I dont think there's anything boastful about those stories in themselves, it's more just about how you say it. if you deliver it casually and naturally (ie. relating to the current topic of discussion, rather than simply saying it to try to impress), then I dont see how it would be considered showing off.
They're not really that impressive as stories, so as long as they fit into the conversation naturally and you don't tell it as if you think it makes you a big deal you won't look like you're bragging. I wouldn't bother mentioning that girls flirted with you in primary school though lol
Original post by shawn_o1
Yeah keep it secret.

Cannot emphasise enough how much i agree with this comment.
i have these real story but i wouldn't talk about seeing as it was a £2000 ring 9 years ago
i found a platinum and diamond ring in a pile of rubbish but i lost it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending