The Student Room Group

A level physics notes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hhattiecc
first lot

These are good...

Wanna join my business?

I have only written two articles so far...

http://kyxpedia.zohosites.com
Reply 21
Right that's it. Hope they come in handy for someone at some point :smile:

If you want these to be published on the website, PM me. I shall need to ask for image sources, and check for spelling, grammar, punctuation and inaccuracies. after that, it'll be ready!
Reply 22
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I OWE YOU:tongue: I was always searching for proper notes for G484 and G485, and then I incidentally found your thread!

I TOTALLY AGREE the heinemann textbook is absolute crap, literally 90% of its content is irrelevant and the text is such a complete waffle. Unfortunately, my Physics department is also absolute crap as well, the teaching is appalling. Most of my lessons are spent watching old documentaries, reading off Boardworks powerpoints, chatting, or just sitting down in silence doing worksheets, whilst the teacher has his Iphone out on whatsapp texting people (I even hear the chat ringtones from his phone:colonhash:). So yeah I'm basically forced to self teach the whole of A-Level Physics:frown::frown:

Last year I got a very mid B in AS Physics, (227/300), which is shocking for me as I thought I worked hard and did all the past papers on the current spec, I got an A* in GCSE (lol), and I desperately need a minimum grade A in Physics to get into my choice university.:frown: So to break it down:

G481 - 52/90 d :angry::angry:, but I got 93UMS in Maths M1 :colonhash:
G482 - 122/150 a
G483 - 53/60 a

G481 was by far the worst exam in my entire life:frown:, it was so time constraining and I lost a very high number of marks, all the past papers were a joke but this exam was completely different to all the spec papers so I didn't know how to answer most of the questions:frown:

I would have got a higher ums in G482, if I hadn't had a 1h30 Business exam on the same day :angry:, so I barely had time to revise Physics the day before, plus I had no proper notes to revise from (relied on the stupid textbooks and revision guides), and I only did a few years worth of past papers. I wouldn't mind resitting to gain extra marks, but this year's resit also clashes with my 2h30 Geography exam, so I would definitely do worse in my resit than first time round.:frown:

I'm obviously resitting that stupid D in Mechanics, but I also need to do well in my A2 units as well.
Do you have any notes/tips advice for G481, and how to get the grade A/A* ?:smile:

the best advice i could give is to not just memorise the knowledge, understand it. Like to the point where you could write notes of your own. Research it, look at websites, read about it, let it sit in your brain and stew there for a while (now rather than in may or june). You may find it hard to grasp concepts and feel like stopping, but keep going at it (even if it feels like the most demoralising and frustrating thing in the world, which will happen) . And then practice explaining things (like exam questions etc). Question everything, ask people online, read books for answers.. there's so much help out there

If you do this you will get an a*. That's what it's there for, full understanding

good luck :smile:
the best advice i could give is to not just memorise the knowledge, understand it. Like to the point where you could write notes of your own. Research it, look at websites, read about it, let it sit in your brain and stew there for a while (now rather than in may or june). You may find it hard to grasp concepts and feel like stopping, but keep going at it (even if it feels like the most demoralising and frustrating thing in the world, which will happen) . And then practice explaining things (like exam questions etc). Question everything, ask people online, read books for answers.. there's so much help out there

If you do this you will get an a*. That's what it's there for, full understanding

good luck :smile:

Ahh never thought I'd get a reply here ahaha:redface: I understand the concepts its just when it comes to exams and they start asking you questions which you have never come across and could never even imagine which is annoying. Why does every OCR physics exam have to be 10 times harder than all the past papers:angry:. I mean I don't ask for an easy exam, but atleast give us a reasonaby challenging paper like all other past papers which doesn't reduce us to tears and emotional distress, and lose people their university places. And they say examinors aren't trying to trick you. Really??:colonhash:
Reply 24
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Ahh never thought I'd get a reply here ahaha:redface: I understand the concepts its just when it comes to exams and they start asking you questions which you have never come across and could never even imagine which is annoying. Why does every OCR physics exam have to be 10 times harder than all the past papers:angry:. I mean I don't ask for an easy exam, but atleast give us a reasonaby challenging paper like all other past papers which doesn't reduce us to tears and emotional distress, and lose people their university places. And they say examinors aren't trying to trick you. Really??:colonhash:

haha always gonna be the way, just do your best. if a levels were easy they wouldn't be worth doing

like honestly, 5 years from now your physics as/a2 isn't going to matter. obviously give it your all, but don't overstress

Quick Reply

Latest