English Media Watch

This discussion is closed.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I know this shoudlnt be posted here...but any tips for english media texts? I have a test tomorrow and im so worried...and my teacher hasnt helped by not marking my work, and making me worry more.

TIPS TIPS FOR ENGLISH MEDIA TEXTS
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
any advice?!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
je suis mortee with nerves...that is sooooooo wrong
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
I know this shoudlnt be posted here...but any tips for english media texts? I have a test tomorrow and im so worried...and my teacher hasnt helped by not marking my work, and making me worry more.

TIPS TIPS FOR ENGLISH MEDIA TEXTS
Is it the GCSE exam you are gonna be doing? What do you need help with? English is the one thing I am actually good at :cool:
sloaney87
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Chill

This is what I do...

Read the questions first, then read through the texts underlining and making little notes next under parts that relate to the questions or just general things you think are important

And the things to write about are usually obvious... like the big emotive picture, the bold headline for emphasis etc.

One thing im wondering....

when you do the argue choice, do you have to set stuff out like draw boxes saying a picture would go here etc?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads