Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yes of course i want England to win, of course. but just comparing the French players with the probably England line up is quite scary. imo the only England player on current form and ability to get into french first 11 would be Steven Gerrard. Owen is looking unconvincing and and Beckham, along with his RMadrid colleagues played poor 2nd half of the season. Scholes is playing well in terms of passing/influence but hasnt scored in yonks- and yes i think it is important for an attacking midfielder to score.
    With Terry prbably sidelined it's looking dodgy- Carragher (or Terry) and Campbell must click instantly or we'll get torn apart. David James has to play the match of his career.

what do you prdict as the final score, realistically?

i would be delighted with a draw. it should be a great game, and tight but you have to fancy any team with henry, zidane and vieira

ReputationRep:
    3-2 to England

ReputationRep:
    Desailly had a pretty shoddy season by his standards. If we have a hope it's Owen running at him. However, it shall be so very difficult defending.

ReputationRep:
    yeah.\ apparantly, france's 'weaklink' is their defence, yet they've conceded one goal in like a year!

if i was david james i'd be ******** myself

ReputationRep:
    Owens form looks distinctly dodgy though it wouldnt surprise me to see him play well on sunday. The only real weakness is the defence but the French are also weaker than they used to be in this area.
    The thought of Jamie Carragher taking on Thierry Henry is highly chucklesome i have to say .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    yes of course i want England to win, of course. but just comparing the French players with the probably England line up is quite scary. imo the only England player on current form and ability to get into french first 11 would be Steven Gerrard. Owen is looking unconvincing and and Beckham, along with his RMadrid colleagues played poor 2nd half of the season. Scholes is playing well in terms of passing/influence but hasnt scored in yonks- and yes i think it is important for an attacking midfielder to score.
    With Terry prbably sidelined it's looking dodgy- Carragher (or Terry) and Campbell must click instantly or we'll get torn apart. David James has to play the match of his career.

what do you prdict as the final score, realistically?

i would be delighted with a draw. it should be a great game, and tight but you have to fancy any team with henry, zidane and vieira
    England 1-0 France (Lineker)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    yeah.\ apparantly, france's 'weaklink' is their defence, yet they've conceded one goal in like a year!

if i was david james i'd be ******** myself
    but when you look at their qualifying group one goal is one too many! An interesting thing i noticed the other day is that in their last 8 competitive internationals, neither team has conceded in the second half, moral of the story, if its 2-1 to France at half time, go to bed!

ReputationRep:
    personally I would say a 1-1 draw, thier weakness is definitly in defence...their two centre backs are OAPs, but our two forwards are based on speed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    personally I would say a 1-1 draw, thier weakness is definitly in defence...their two centre backs are OAPs, but our two forwards are based on speed!
    their defence is pretty solid imo with a cdm as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    their defence is pretty solid imo with a cdm as well
    its pretty solid, but so is ours. but that is their "weak link" though....i reckon with our quality and creativity in midfield we can get a goal.....

scholes was quality against iceland werent he? let see how he does against the frenchys

ReputationRep:
    2-0 france

ReputationRep:
    England 1-0 France
    Scorer: Paul Scholes.

ReputationRep:
    i changed my mind. 2-1 england

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    England 1-0 France
    Scorer: Paul Scholes.
    everyonell go totally mental if Scholes does score

ReputationRep:
    I think Scholes himself will go totally mental!

ReputationRep:
    hope france win 2-0

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling we're really gonna have a go at France, similar to the Argentina '02 World Cup game, play out of our skins and just shade it. Or possibly do the old 5-1/4-1 job like over Holland/Germany, now that would imense!

Scholes will definitely score a very important goal in the chamionships, everyone talking about him having a drought, should be dropped etc..the boy will come good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    hope france win 2-0
    bitter! why are scots so mean?

ReputationRep:
    2-0 England. No doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    hope france win 2-0
    And i hope the Scottish FA can afford to field a team in the world cup qualifiers...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.