The Student Room Group

Oxford Colleges?

I had never heard of St Catherine's before but I really like the Swiss modern look to it however statistics show Im much more likely to get a place at Somerville as its not as subscribed. I know everyone argues that you'll get pooled if you're good enough but still stats still mean something - I dint know where to choose?
Original post by ememoville
I had never heard of St Catherine's before but I really like the Swiss modern look to it however statistics show Im much more likely to get a place at Somerville as its not as subscribed. I know everyone argues that you'll get pooled if you're good enough but still stats still mean something - I dint know where to choose?

If you like St. Catherine's, apply there! You never know, everyone might play the 'statistics game' this year and Somerville may be really oversubscribed! So try not to worry too much about stats :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ememoville

You might do better asking in the Oxford forum instead of Engineering...

The general rule with Oxbridge, though, is to apply to the college you like. There's no point trying to play the stats game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest