x Turn on thread page Beta

What city should I visit tomorrow watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    why don't you emigrate for a year???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    why don't you emigrate for a year???
    How has spending an hour or so outside Manchester turned into emigration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Well if you go to Liverpool don't get a Chinese. I'm not telling the story again, just take my word for it.
    what story?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sz72)
    what story?
    The story about when I had a Chinese in Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get food poisoning?

ReputationRep:
    tell me tell me!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    This is the second time I've heard about this and I'm intrigued. Have you posted it here before (in which case I'll search)? Otherwise, you're honour bound to tell us.
    Hmm. I thought you were the person I told. Looks like I never told it then.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I thought you were the person I told. Looks like I never told it then.
    will u just kindly say sth about it coz i am really sleepy now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am bored as hell and need to get out of Manchester. There is a £2.50 return bus I can either get to Liverpool or Leeds, which one should I visit? I've been to Liverpool before but never been to Leeds, however Liverpool may have more to offer.
    do u go on ure own lol. go to liverpool coz u won't get lost whereas leeds u don't know

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you may have a point, although if I can find my way round London, Leeds don;t scare me I can handly any yorkshire scally anyday.

I may not bother though as my parents willt hink its too odd.

ReputationRep:
    come to Newcastle!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    come to Newcastle!!!!
    hehe I would love to, Newcastle is on my hit list, however I cannot get there wiht only £2.50:confused: 170 miles away is a bit too far for an old clapped out double decker bus.

I am hoping to come to Newcastle with my mum some time.

ReputationRep:
    You just said never to eat Chinese there and wouldn't say why the last time too!
    Ah. Well, no food poisoning. If only it were that simple. Basically it was an all you can eat buffet. Now, I'm a hard working man (at least I have hard working parents anyway) and I wanted to get as much value out of my £8 as possible, maybe even to beat the system, force the restaurant into submission. However, I tragically fell at the first hurdle. The food was abysmal. I started with some spring rolls. "Can't go wrong with spring rolls" I hear you say. Alas, you are wrong. Eating them was comparable to eating a raw onion. In fact I have eaten a raw onion, and if I were blind folded I would find it impossible to distinguish between the two events. Next were the noodles. They tasted like they were fried in ****. Now unlike the raw onion comparison, I have never tasted anything I have known to be fried in ****, but I am guessing that the experience cannot be far off this one. Attempting to play it even safer, my next venture was the sweet and sour chicken. The description was slightly off I hasten to add. A more fitting title would probably be "sickly and bitter balls of fat". Suffice to say I did not get much value out of my £8 in the end. In fact, starting the meal with a full plate, I'd be exaggerating if I said that I got through a third of the stuff on it. But I'm not ashamed - the food simply was that bad. And that is why you should never get a Chinese in Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    bradford ... only kidding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    bradford ... only kidding
    good idea! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hhaha I have done this as well, well not to random strangers but certainly in other cities I have ****ged of at my top of my voice.

I may not go to either as my mum will think its a bit odd. I just want to spend some where different if that makes sense. Just a day not on the internet.
    You should do it! I think the "stigma" (can't think of a better word) of going out on your own is stupid, the last time I went to a city for the day on my own I had a great time. I went to London and had great fun because I could explore as I liked and didn't have to stand in HMV for an hour with my boyfriend or do "everyone will like this" activities with my friends. I plan to go somewhere on my own again after my exams. Unless you get lonely easily you should go for it, and I'm sure your mum won't think it weird if you explain why.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, those all you can eat buffets are always full of crappy left overs though, not just in Liverpool! I may have to chance a full on banquet if I ever go there just to prove this theory one way or another.
    But even though it's crappy you're always sitting there thinking "free food!". On this occasion the word "food" never even crossed my mind.

ReputationRep:
    i always go to liverpool coz ma cousins leaves ther n its crap i prefer leeds town centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    You should do it! I think the "stigma" (can't think of a better word) of going out on your own is stupid, the last time I went to a city for the day on my own I had a great time. I went to London and had great fun because I could explore as I liked and didn't have to stand in HMV for an hour with my boyfriend or do "everyone will like this" activities with my friends. I plan to go somewhere on my own again after my exams. Unless you get lonely easily you should go for it, and I'm sure your mum won't think it weird if you explain why.
    Yeah thanks, I just think its better than just going to Manchester (which I do every day) to kill time. I do need explore more of the UK even if it still only the North. I am quite tempted to go to Leeds although its a long way. Liverpool is just down the road.

ReputationRep:
    I am bored as hell and need to get out of Manchester. There is a £2.50 return bus I can either get to Liverpool or Leeds, which one should I visit? I've been to Liverpool before but never been to Leeds, however Liverpool may have more to offer.
    I've a few Japanese friends who went to Liverpool, they had their car broken into there, i.e. a good taster of what life is like in Britain. Also, I've heard Liverpool being described as "one gigantic council estate" - so I think you'll fit in fine

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.