Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
But where would he stay? Under the bed lol? :biggrin:

Actually...not a bad idea... lol
Reply 3
Just get a normal room, rooms for couples are expensive, it's not worth it if he isn't going to be attending the university. When he comes round just do what most students do and attempt to share the single bed/one of you can sleep on the floor. Even if one of you is sleeping on the floor you can still...you know, on the bed whenever you want to. I don't see why you would need a couples' room.
Reply 4
Because we're living togther. We are to be wed!!!!
lol. No, seriously, we're moving in togther. It's not like a weekend thing.

He would have a fulltime job, I'm just wondering if the uni could support us somehow or something like that.
Reply 5
If you go to the accomodation section on the reading website they tell you what you can do if you're married or with a long term partner it also gives you that information with the accomodation pack they send you once you've confirmed reading as your first place
Reply 6
Oh, haha. Sorry, I missed that you're living together...

Erm. Not sure really. Probably best to get a flat nearby. Or not live together.
Reply 7
Spring_Ryder
Because we're living togther. We are to be wed!!!!
lol. No, seriously, we're moving in togther. It's not like a weekend thing.

He would have a fulltime job, I'm just wondering if the uni could support us somehow or something like that.

Oh right, sorry, I thought he would be at a different university and would therefore not live with you even though I'm sure you are both serious about this. I've got the accommodation brochure in front of me right now...ah, there are three options for you:

Hillside and Martindale court (there are a few flats available for people in your situation)

Student village (there are all kinds of options for couples without children here, visit www.thestudent************ for details)

Wantage (four studio flats for couples without children, however, the residency period is only for 30 weeks, it might be different for couples though)

Bear in mind that these halls are all self-catered and they are for couples without children. So, don't have kids and learn how to cook.
I don't think you'll get any additional financial help from the university because you're a couple but since you'll have your student loan and he'll have a job, it'll be fine. I'm not sure what the annual prices are for the couple flats but the prices for single rooms are:

Hillside and Martindale:£3,683

Student Village: See www.thestudent************

Wantage: For 30 weeks it is £3,721 for catered accommodation. Because you want it for 50 weeks of the year (I presume) and you will have to have self-catered (it's the rule for couples because he won't actually be a university student) then the price will be really different for you.

If you want more information then...yeah, email them/go on the website: www.reading.ac.uk.
Reply 8
OK, I don't know why the last part of www.thestudent************ is starred out...
Reply 9
Hahahahahaha! That's so funny! I quit, it's never gonna show up but I think you can still follow the link :smile:
Reply 10
Oh. my. gosh. It looks like this silly forum has changed the link to (www.) thestudentvillage (.com) To www.thestudent************, that's so weird...Well you know what the website is now.

Latest