Watch
This discussion is closed.
TheDuo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
You also carried on discussing them until you realised it was actually a point against you, because footballer's salaries are good for the emergency services.
wow, your arguments are more flawed than I first thought! football is more of an industry than a sport now, mostly as people like you are obsessed with money and greed.
difeo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheDuo)
wow, your arguments are more flawed than I first thought! football is more of an industry than a sport now, mostly as people like you are obsessed with money and greed.
- "your argument is flawed"
- doesn't explain why
- insult thrown in

you really need to work on your debating skills, pal
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
- "your argument is flawed"
- doesn't explain why
- insult thrown in

you really need to work on your debating skills, pal
if patronising others makes you feel good, that's great for you, but you still haven't given me SOLID evidence to explain why footballers deserve their salaries. in any case your argument failed from the start as you evidently LOVE football, therefore you're so biased you can't see passed your own views.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if patronising others makes you feel good, that's great for you, but you still haven't given me SOLID evidence to explain why footballers deserve their salaries. in any case your argument failed from the start as you evidently LOVE football, therefore you're so biased you can't see passed your own views.
Because they bring in the money. You bring in 1 million for your company, they pay you 500,000, you've earned your money fairly and everyone wins.
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Because they bring in the money. You bring in 1 million for your company, they pay you 500,000, you've earned your money fairly and everyone wins.
how does EVERYONE win? only the footballer and the company benefit! all that money being paid is just obscene.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how does EVERYONE win? only the footballer and the company benefit! all that money being paid is just obscene.
The football fans win because they get a product that they love. And society in general wins, because of the huge amount of taxes footballers pay.
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
The football fans win because they get a product that they love. And society in general wins, because of the huge amount of taxes footballers pay.
... and yet the footballers themselves have ridiculously fat amounts of cash to spend on cars and houses for something they definitely do not deserve.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
... and yet the footballers themselves have ridiculously fat amounts of cash to spend on cars and houses for something they definitely do not deserve.
Which again is more winning because buying those cars and houses means the people involved in those industries get more money. Your only argument is that it feels wrong for people to be so rich, but even that doesn't hold up because the people paying the footballers are billionaires.
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Which again is more winning because buying those cars and houses means the people involved in those industries get more money. Your only argument is that it feels wrong for people to be so rich, but even that doesn't hold up because the people paying the footballers are billionaires.
actually no, once again you're wrong. if the footballers themselves did ACTUAL WORK that actually benefits people in itself, that's acceptable. my beef is that the 'work' itself they do doesn't deserve the money they are paid.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
actually no, once again you're wrong. if the footballers themselves did ACTUAL WORK that actually benefits people in itself, that's acceptable. my beef is that the 'work' itself they do doesn't deserve the money they are paid.
It does benefit people, that's why people pay to see it.
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
It does benefit people, that's why people pay to see it.
yeah, a few people happy for a few minutes of enjoyment, that benefits humanity so greatly. once again, you are just biased as you LOVE football. if you actually had the brains to be objective to matters, you would be able to see the true facts.
ddrrzzeerr
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
I reject the concept of "deserve" in this context. I'm not a parent arbitrarily giving out sweets for good behaviour. It's between the employer and the employee. That is it.

The market is the only way to do it. If you pay nurses £50k, everyone will want to be a nurse and you will then have to decide who gets to be it. It is more unfair that a few get to cash in whereas others who would be willing and able to do the job for the same price don't. At least with footballers, they are there on merit and I know I couldn't be one.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah, a few people happy for a few minutes of enjoyment, that benefits humanity so greatly. once again, you are just biased as you LOVE football. if you actually had the brains to be objective to matters, you would be able to see the true facts.
As you've had explained to you several times, the benefit to humanity comes from all the nurses that can be paid using footballer's tax. You want this taken away for some reason.
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
As you've had explained to you several times, the benefit to humanity comes from all the nurses that can be paid using footballer's tax. You want this taken away for some reason.
where on earth do you get your deluded assumptions about me from!? oh well, i guess you've realized you're argument is so flawed you have to resort to lies now. the the payment would be fine if the work suited it.
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
where on earth do you get your deluded assumptions about me from!? oh well, i guess you've realized you're argument is so flawed you have to resort to lies now. the payment would be fine if the work suited it.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
where on earth do you get your deluded assumptions about me from!? oh well, i guess you've realized you're argument is so flawed you have to resort to lies now. the payment would be fine if the work suited it.
How is it a lie, you're literally saying you want footballers paid less, which would take away the taxes they pay.
TheDuo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
How is it a lie, you're literally saying you want footballers paid less, which would take away the taxes they pay.
I understand that, so instead of paying footballers less, pay others who deserve it more money!
Serine Soul
Report 4 years ago
While I disagree with the amount they earn, football is something that can really help social mobility
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I understand that, so instead of paying footballers less, pay others who deserve it more money!
Which others exactly? If it's public sector workers like teachers and doctors, if you start paying them a million pounds a year everyone in the country suddenly has their taxes raised to ridiculous rates to pay for this. If it's private sector workers like say a newspaper journalist, you pay them a million pounds a year and the price of buying a newspaper has to rise to £50 to cover their salary. Everyone stops buying the newspaper, now the journalist is unemployed and getting paid even less than he was. What you're suggesting is completely unworkable.
jam276
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you're just a selfish, greedy and clearly just a mindless fool who follows football like a religion, clearly a degenerate and inferior being.
Agreed, difeo is a selfish nonce
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (48)
15.24%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (102)
32.38%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (39)
12.38%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.57%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.4%
I think it's an unfair expectation (79)
25.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.95%

Watched Threads