The Student Room Group

Applying for pharmacy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by souhm
I am also year 13 and I achieved grades BBCC at AS, predicted AAB. Do you think universities such as King's college and UCL will give me offers for pharmacy as I really want to stay in London and there isn't a lot of decent unis other than King's and UCL that do pharmacy.

Yh I don't see why not I know that kings like to have a personal statement that is strongly geared towards pharmacy meaning you should only talk about pharmacy not any other subjects, I think this eliminates applicants that have applied for 2 different subjects like chemistry and pharmacy this way they know they actually have someone that really only wants to study pharmacy. As for UCL I know they are really harsh with their interview process so just prepare yourself for that. I think you will be fine good luck!
An update on my application,

Medway - interview (withdrawn choice)
Reading - interview
DMU - interview
Wolverhampton - offer
Aston - still waiting

How's your application going? :smile:
Original post by greenmath

Reading - interview
DMU - interview
Wolverhampton - offer
Aston - still waiting

what was your predicted grade?
Original post by jimgordan
what was your predicted grade?

ABB
ABB

Do you have any idea how competitive aston is? And I got the same predicted grade as you and is interested in aston so can you please let me know if you get an offer or not?
Do you have any idea how competitive aston is? And I got the same predicted grade as you and is interested in aston so can you please let me know if you get an offer or not?

I'm not sure how competitive they are, but I do think they're lenient in terms of grades (I hope so anyway!) And I will do, hopefully it won't be long before I hear back from them! What are your AS grades like?
I'm not sure how competitive they are, but I do think they're lenient in terms of grades (I hope so anyway!) And I will do, hopefully it won't be long before I hear back from them! What are your AS grades like?

I got ABC. C in chemistry but I was 2ums off a B so I'm predicted ABB
I got ABC. C in chemistry but I was 2ums off a B so I'm predicted ABB

Ahh okay, well you should be fine anyway! Good luck :smile:
Ahh okay, well you should be fine anyway! Good luck :smile:

Thx! Good luck to you as well. Let me know how things go with Aston:yy:
Reply 49

Reading - interview
DMU - interview
Wolverhampton - offer
Aston - still waiting

My school has recently sent it off so I'm still waiting
Reply 50

Reading - interview
DMU - interview
Wolverhampton - offer
Aston - still waiting

Im predicted AAB which is quiet ambitious tbh (BBCC for AS) and I applied to the following:

UCL
King's college
Hertfordshire
Manchester
Nottingham(Foundation as a safe)

What does everyone think? Will I get offers?
Original post by souhm
Im predicted AAB which is quiet ambitious tbh (BBCC for AS) and I applied to the following:

UCL
King's college
Hertfordshire
Manchester
Nottingham(Foundation as a safe)

What does everyone think? Will I get offers?

I think you have a really good chance of getting offers! I've heard about someone else getting an offer from Kings with those kinda of grades recently aswell :smile: The foundation one at Nottingham though - have you double checked that they well accept your predicted grades by emailing them? I know someone that was predicted BBB and was rejected from Manchester for foundation pharmacy because her predicted grades were too high
Original post by Hannahmay01
You would be better off applying to courses with lower entry requirements such as Manchester metropolitan (260 UCAS points), Nottingham Trent (280), anglia Ruskin (120), Hertfordshire (280) and East London (280). Look around them you may find a place you really love!
Good luck!

I don't think Hertfordshire offers 280 for The UCAS points I tried to look it up from the Internet and is says 320 points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
I've got A*(Chemistry) A*(Biology)A(Maths) for my A2 and AAA for my AS and I'm not sure whether I'll get an unconditional offer from my choices of universities.
I applied to:-
King's College
UCL
Manchester
Nottingham
Cardiff
Original post by Woon Yee
I've got A*(Chemistry) A*(Biology)A(Maths) for my A2 and AAA for my AS and I'm not sure whether I'll get an unconditional offer from my choices of universities.
I applied to:-
King's College
UCL
Manchester
Nottingham
Cardiff

I think you will get offers from all of them.
Reply 55
Did anyone apply to Strathclyde?
Reply 56
Any one is international student and does anyone know is it hard for find a placement in year4 and I heard that uk don't support international placement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending