The Student Room Group

How to survive British taps

So I just moved into new halls and turns out there are two separate taps in the bathroom sink. As you have probably guessed, I'm not from England and I have no idea how to operate those to not suffer third degree burns on my face or hypothermia after washing my hands. Last year, a flatmate had some weird contraption made out of flexible tubes that she attached to taps in the kitchen and the water mixed through them, but I don't know what it was called and I don't even know how to google it. I'd like to avoid the famous solution of cutting holes in a plastic bottle and shoving the taps into them, but I'm assuming the halls won't look kindly on me tampering with anything or changing the taps themselves.
Anyone knows where I could buy some adapter or something, or any other anything that could help me with this?
just fill the sink and dip your hands in?
Reply 2
Ahh, I know the kind of device as you're thinking of - we had a rubber mixer thing a good while ago.
However I can't for the life of me find one online - they look like a tap mixer but the only ones online are long with a shower head...
Might be worth visiting a hardware store and asking them as I can't find a trace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Use the cold tap :colonhash:
Reply 4
Move your hands left and right to both taps really quick. Saves you money
(edited 8 years ago)
Lmao! It is ridiculous but looks so fancy! You can buy a nozzle with a shower head on from wickes (and probs other places)
Theres one on very.com 'Sabitchi shower head and hose' :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending