The Student Room Group

NUS extra card buying a Mac

Basically I'm 16, and started my first year of college two weeks ago. I bought an NUS Extra card which should arrive in about 7 days.
I was just wondering how much discount I should receive when buying a 15 inch MacBook Pro?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
From Mac or another retailer?

Afaik you need an academic email address ( normally a university one) to get access to a Mac education site.
Reply 2
Original post by domonict
From Mac or another retailer?

Afaik you need an academic email address ( normally a university one) to get access to a Mac education site.

I would buy the Mac straight from the Apple Store. Would I not just be able I show my NUS card? If so what deals would they be able to give me for it? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would need to ask.

If you have an acceptable email/ID they will,offer a discount in the shop.
Last time I bought something , the email address was proof of student discount,

If you do buy a computer, buy the apple care as the price as a student is very good
Reply 4
Original post by adam_almond
Basically I'm 16, and started my first year of college two weeks ago. I bought an NUS Extra card which should arrive in about 7 days.
I was just wondering how much discount I should receive when buying a 15 inch MacBook Pro?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

NUS website has this: ' Up to 15% off Mac & 4% on iPad plus special pricing on AppleCare Protection PlanSave up to 15% when you buy a Mac up to 4% off iPad via the NUS Apple Store for Education! We also have special pricing on AppleCare Protection Plan and Accessories for Mac.'
That is not an official apple discount is is far below the standard educational discount if the OP is entitled to a student discount.

Quick Reply