The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision

I just started yr 11 and I have already started to do revision. I would like to know if these revision methods are OK;

Triple Science - Flashcards (without revision I get Cs and Bs)
Maths - Past papers and mark schemes (without revision Cs)
English Lang and lit- Flashcards (without revision As and Bs)
History - ???? (Without revision Ds)
Geography - Mind maps (without revision Bs)
RE - Mindmaps (without revision Bs)

Please suggest any better methods to revise any of these subjects as I really want the highest possible grades.

English is my strongest subject and I really enjoy it. It is the only subject I am confident in. Please helpppp!!!!
Original post by imHappy
I just started yr 11 and I have already started to do revision. I would like to know if these revision methods are OK;

Triple Science - Flashcards (without revision I get Cs and Bs)
Maths - Past papers and mark schemes (without revision Cs)
English Lang and lit- Flashcards (without revision As and Bs)
History - ???? (Without revision Ds)
Geography - Mind maps (without revision Bs)
RE - Mindmaps (without revision Bs)

Please suggest any better methods to revise any of these subjects as I really want the highest possible grades.

English is my strongest subject and I really enjoy it. It is the only subject I am confident in. Please helpppp!!!!

These all sound like good methods.
I always find a good method is to explains things out loud without any notes, because it really shows whether or not you've understood the content. I also like to read through my notes and then rewrite them without looking, trying to include as much detail as possible, then check what you missed and repeat. Or condensing everything from a topic onto an A5 sheet, which forces you to pick out the most important information.
I was always really bad at history because I could never remember dates and names and things, so I turned one of my walls into a huge timeline with all the dates and events, which really helped me, as I could visualise it when I was in an exam.
Don't just choose one method for each subject, you will remember things better if you revise in different ways, so combine a bunch of different study techniques for each subject and topic.
Hope this helps, good luck!
Reply 2
im re sitting my maths in November and I just scrapped a c last year but I need a b what should I do

Quick Reply